- This RSS feed URL is deprecated15 October 2018, 11:10 am
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Sri Lankan legend charged under ICC Anti-Corruption Code - Sport2415 October 2018, 10:15 am
Sport24Sri Lankan legend charged under ICC Anti-Corruption CodeSport24Cape Town - Former Sri Lankan cricket captain Sanath Jayasuria has been charged with breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. The ICC broke the news on Monday, adding that Jayasuria had 14 days to respond. According to the ICC's website, Jayasuria ...Sri Lanka veteran Sanath Jayasuriya charged by ICC under anti-corruption codeScroll.inCricket-ICC charges Jayasuriya under anti-corruption codeeuronewsall 47 news articles »
- Paul Gascoigne: Former Rangers midfielder responds after Scottish Hall of Fame snub - BBC Sport15 October 2018, 10:06 am
BBC SportPaul Gascoigne: Former Rangers midfielder responds after Scottish Hall of Fame snubBBC SportPaul Gascoigne says he "doesn't need to be in the Scottish Football Hall of Fame to be recognised as one of the best". The former Rangers midfielder's place in the Hall of Fame was criticised and withdrawn on Thursday amid "concerns" over his health.Rangers legend Paul Gascoigne TROLLS Scottish football in hilarious Twitter postDaily StarPaul Gascoigne reacts brilliantly to Scottish Football Hall of Fame snub after nomination is withdrawnMirror.co.ukGascoigne issues wonderful response after shock SFA snubFootball365.comExpress.co.uk -Aberdeen Evening Expressall 50 news articles »
- Liam Dawson injury doubt as England get slithery surprise - ESPNcricinfo.com15 October 2018, 10:00 am
ESPNcricinfo.comLiam Dawson injury doubt as England get slithery surpriseESPNcricinfo.comAllrounder Liam Dawson is an injury doubt for the third one-day international against Sri Lanka in Pallekele on Wednesday. Dawson, who has been in the XI for the opening two matches, sat out training due to a side strain and will be assessed by medical ...Cobra disrupts England cricket team's practice session in Sri LankaIndia TodayJoe Root's England Diary: Olly Stone, seeing elephants up close and a controversial auctionSkySportsOlly Stone quick to make his case for World Cup service with EnglandThe GuardianBBC Sport -The Sunall 43 news articles »
- Why Manchester United did not sign Eden Hazard before he joined Chelsea - Manchester Evening News15 October 2018, 9:41 am
Manchester Evening NewsWhy Manchester United did not sign Eden Hazard before he joined ChelseaManchester Evening NewsSir Alex Ferguson blamed agents' fees for Manchester United's decision not to sign Eden Hazard in 2012. United's interest in Hazard dates back to the 27-year-old's time in France with Lille, where he won Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France in 2010-11, and ...Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal: Fans debate potential return for Man Utd outcastExpress.co.ukLuke Shaw: Man Utd defender close to agreeing new contractBBC SportScott McTominay set to leave Manchester United on loan in January transfer windowMetroBirmingham Live -Teamtalk.com -Independent Online -Telegraph.co.ukall 429 news articles »
- NFL in London: Case for permanent team grows as Seattle Seahawks stars back proposal - Evening Standard15 October 2018, 9:31 am
Evening StandardNFL in London: Case for permanent team grows as Seattle Seahawks stars back proposalEvening StandardSeattle Seahawks star Shaquem Griffin has backed a possible London franchise to succeed in the NFL. Griffin and his twin brother, Shaquill, were part of the Seahawks team who gave the Oakland Raiders a drubbing in front of 84,922 fans at Wembley — a ...Raiders report card: Jon Gruden's 1-5 start is very uglyThe Mercury NewsBruce Irvin wants to 'make some babies' when Raiders return from LondonNBCSports.comWilson, Baldwin, Clark lead Seahawks to a cracker of a time in London, a 27-3 rout of OaklandThe News TribuneThe Guardian -Seattle Times -seattlepi.com -AP Newsall 1,011 news articles »
- Usain Bolt questions why he is being drug tested as he is not yet a professional footballer - BBC Sport15 October 2018, 9:03 am
BBC SportUsain Bolt questions why he is being drug tested as he is not yet a professional footballerBBC SportUsain Bolt has questioned why he has received a notice for a drugs test from Australia's anti-doping authority (Asada), saying he is not yet a professional footballer. The eight-time Olympic sprint champion is training with A-League club Central Coast ...Usain Bolt reportedly leaving Central Coast MarinersThe AustralianUsain Bolt baffled by drug test request from Australian Sports Anti-Doping AuthoritySkySportsBolt 'leaving Mariners for Europe' makes way for real stars of showThe Sydney Morning HeraldDaily Telegraph -NEWS.com.au -ABC News -ESPNall 203 news articles »
- England man Harry Winks says World Cup was just the start as Three Lions aim to build on bright summer - Evening Standard15 October 2018, 8:41 am
Evening StandardEngland man Harry Winks says World Cup was just the start as Three Lions aim to build on bright summerEvening StandardHarry Winks has claimed England are ready to prove they can compete with the best sides in the world as they bid to keep their Nations League hopes alive here in Spain. Defeat for Gareth Southgate's side would leave them facing possible relegation from ...England vs Spain TV channel: What channel is England vs Spain on today?Express.co.ukGareth Southgate sticks with Marcus Rashford for England's match in SpainSkySportsManchester United's Marcus Rashford warned after England performanceManchester Evening NewsFootball365.com -The Independent -The Guardian -Twitterall 568 news articles »
- Aston Villa's Dean Smith: How have other managers fared at the team they support? - BBC Sport15 October 2018, 6:47 am
BBC SportAston Villa's Dean Smith: How have other managers fared at the team they support?BBC Sport"My dad was a steward there and I was brought up an Aston Villa fan but I am not sure they are going to give Prince William the job, are they?" New Villa boss Dean Smith only gave himself a slightly better chance of getting the managerial job at his ...Aston Villa news and transfer rumours LIVE: The latest ahead of Dean Smith's unveilingBirmingham LiveAston Villa's new boss Dean Smith set to bring in two new coachesexpressandstar.comAston Villa are 'difficult' to manage because of the fans - Paul LambertExpress.co.ukTelegraph.co.ukall 97 news articles »
- Deontay Wilder apologises for 'injuring' mascot on television show - The Guardian14 October 2018, 11:08 pm
The GuardianDeontay Wilder apologises for 'injuring' mascot on television showThe GuardianHeavyweight champion invited to show his punching power • Wilder due to fight Tyson Fury on 1 December in Los Angeles. Press Association. Sun 14 Oct 2018 13.26 EDT Last modified on Mon 15 Oct 2018 03.43 EDT. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter ...WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder apologises for 'injuring' mascot on TV showtalkSPORT.comDeontay Wilder apologises for punching mascot on television show and invites him to Tyson Fury fightEvening StandardDeontay Wilder makes promise to injured mascot ahead of Tyson Fury showdownExpress.co.ukDaily Telegraph -PerthNow -Sporting News -TVNZall 238 news articles »FOX Sports Content Feed
- Overextended: Why schools rush to extend coach contracts15 October 2018, 11:04 am
Overextended: Why schools rush to extend coach contracts
- UEFA raises women's soccer funding for member federations15 October 2018, 10:54 am
UEFA is giving more money to its 55 member federations to invest in women's soccer
- Simona Halep earns 2nd straight year-end No. 1 ranking15 October 2018, 8:00 am
Simona Halep is back as the year-end No. 1 for the second year in a row, despite a back injury that doctors say could lead to a long-term problem
- Slovakia coach quits after 2 defeats in Nations League15 October 2018, 7:50 am
Slovakia coach quits after 2 defeats in Nations League
- Weekend Sports in Brief15 October 2018, 7:14 am
Weekend Sports in Brief
- Marijuana legalization in Canada won't change NHL _ yet15 October 2018, 7:12 am
The legalization of marijuana in Canada won't change the NHL's policies yet
- STAT WATCH: Alabama hits midway point atop offensive charts15 October 2018, 7:08 am
Alabama leads two of four major offensive categories as the college football season enters its second half
- AP Top 25 Heat Check: No style points necessary in 2nd half15 October 2018, 7:08 am
AP Top 25 Heat Check: Second half of college football season mean style points don't count for much
- ICYMI in NFL Week 6: Mark your calendar for Brady-Mahomes II15 October 2018, 7:07 am
ICYMI in NFL Week 6: Mark your calendar for Brady-Mahomes II
- Rarely have 6 weeks provided so many up-and-down teams15 October 2018, 7:06 am
Rarely have 6 weeks provided so many up-and-down teamsGet the latest Soccer football results, fixtures and exclusive video highlights from Yahoo Sports including live scores, match stats and team news.
- De Gea still one of the best despite recent form - Pickford15 October 2018, 8:32 am
Jordan Pickford insists Manchester United's David De Gea is still one of the best goalkeepers in world football ahead of England's UEFA Nations League match versus Spain.
- Luke Shaw in talks over new Manchester United long-term contract 15 October 2018, 8:24 am
Luke Shaw is in advanced talks over a new long-term contract as Manchester United move to thrash out the defender’s future. Shaw will be offered a huge increase on his current £100,000 a week contract to complete a remarkable turnaround under manager Jose Mourinho. The England international’s deal runs out at the end of this season but United have initiated talks and are confident of sorting the terms this month.
- Laurent Koscielny hits out at Didier Deschamps as he reveals the torment of missing the 2018 World Cup15 October 2018, 7:58 am
Laurent Koscielny hit out at France manager Didier Deschamps after announcing his international retirement at the weekend, with the Arsenal defender admitting that their World Cup triumph has hurt him “psychologically” more than the Achilles injury that currently has him sidelined. The 33-year-old has not played this season after missing the summer World Cup with an ankle injury, having ruptured his Achilles tendon towards the end of last season.
- Ancelotti praises 'phenomenal' Guardiola15 October 2018, 7:44 am
Carlo Ancelotti praised Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, describing him as a managerial phenomenon, whose remarkable ability to project his ideas onto the pitch have made him the success he is today.
- I don't understand why the Premier League started so early - Southgate15 October 2018, 7:42 am
Gareth Southgate criticises the Premier League's decision to start season so soon after the World Cup.
- Jozak eager to test Kuwait against Australia15 October 2018, 6:38 am
Kuwait coach Romeo Jozak is looking forward to seeing where his team stands in Asian football with the visit of Australia on Monday. Jozak, a former technical director of the Croatian FA, was charged in July with leading Kuwait back into the upper echelons of Asian football after a two-year FIFA ban from international competitions was lifted in December 2017. "Here in Kuwait everyone speaks of Australia with huge respect," Jozak told ESPN. "For us, it will be a bar and against Australia, that bar will be set a bit higher to see whether the players can jump this high. How far are we? Are we far at all?" The former Legia Warsaw boss is looking forward to seeing the Socceroos close up after defeating
- U.S. qualifies for 2019 Women's World Cup in France after destroying Jamaica in semis of CONCACAF Championship15 October 2018, 6:11 am
On Sunday, the U.S. women's national team beat Jamaica 6-0 in the CONCACAF Women's Championship semifinal to qualify for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in France. Entering the match with 18 goals scored in three games with zero conceded, the U.S. continued its dominance against a team that had no answer. The winning goal came just two minutes courtesy of Tobin Heath, and the U.S. led 3-0 after just 21 minutes played. Check out the winner: Megan Rapinoe added insurance the U.S. wouldn't even need moments later, finishing off a fine ball over the top with class: Heath and Alex Morgan both scored twice, and Julie Ertz also scored as Jill Ellis' team had 26 shots. In four games played this tournament,
- Scotland 1-3 Portugal: Alex McLeish deserves full campaign15 October 2018, 5:04 am
It would make no sense to ditch Alex McLeish as Scotland head coach before giving him every chance to qualify for Euro 2020, former Scotland international Willie Miller says. The Scots followed a Nations League defeat by Israel with Sunday's 3-1 loss in a home friendly against Portugal. And Scotland fans on social media have not taken kindly to a sixth defeat in eight games under the former Rangers and Aston Villa boss. "Alex McLeish has been invited to be the manager to get us qualified for the European Championships, so why don't we give him that time?" Miller, a former Aberdeen and Scotland team-mate of McLeish, said on BBC Scotland's Sportsound. "I think we should employ a manager to get
- Beating Germany would reaffirm French status as world champions - Kante15 October 2018, 5:01 am
N'Golo Kante believes beating Germany in the UEFA Nations League would reaffirm France's status as world champions.
- Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan lead U.S. rout to clinch berth in World Cup15 October 2018, 4:32 am
Caption Close FRISCO, Texas — Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan each scored twice in the first half Sunday and the United States earned a spot in the World Cup next summer in France with a 6-0 victory over Jamaica in the CONCACAF qualifying tournament. Heath’s first came in the first two minutes of the match, and she added a second in the 29th. Megan Rapinoe, Julie Ertz and Morgan also had first-half goals as the United States built a 5-0 lead. Morgan’s second goal was a penalty kick in the 84th minute. The top-ranked United States is the defending champion of the sport’s premier event, having won the final in the 2015 World Cup against Japan. It was the team’s third World Cup title. Canada, rankedRead about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- La Liga best XI: Lionel Messi in the side but who else makes the cut?15 October 2018, 11:13 am
Which of the top leagues can provide the best team? One of our reporters, based in turn in England, Italy, Germany and Spain, are picking a dream team to represent that country's league.
- The Manchester United XI who could leave for free next summer including Anthony Martial15 October 2018, 11:09 am
Jose Mourinho faces the prospect of losing 11 first-team stars next summer with David de Gea, Juan Mata and Anthony Martial among those who are technically out of contract in July.
- Emotional Per Mertesacker retires in tears as he is replaced by his father during his testimonial15 October 2018, 11:08 am
Former Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker was left sobbing during his emotional testimonial after his 67-year-old father replaced him on the field on Saturday afternoon.
- How Spain have turned around World Cup nightmare under Luis Enrique15 October 2018, 11:07 am
PETE JENSON IN SPAIN: They are definitely more direct. The days of death from a 1000 passes are over. The new man is more concerned about the shots and crosses stats than the passing ones.
- John Terry arrives at Aston Villa's training ground before his official unveiling15 October 2018, 11:01 am
It was announced last week that the former Chelsea, Villa and England captain would retire to take up the assistant role under new boss Dean Smith. They will be unveiled on Monday afternoon.
- Manchester United stars return to training as Jose Mourinho gears up for Chelsea clash15 October 2018, 10:50 am
The players who have not been playing for their countries during the international break arrived at the AON Training Complex. Luke Shaw, Jesse Lingard and Co were seen driving in.
- Vincent Kompany sends message to his dad after he becomes the first black elected mayor in Belgium15 October 2018, 10:48 am
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has sent a message of congratulations to his father Pierre after he became the first-ever black elected mayor in Belgium.
- When Sportsmail represents England at the Teqball World Cup15 October 2018, 10:41 am
AMITAI WINEHOUSE IN REIMS: I'm not a professional athlete. I'm not even a competent one. But last weekend I lived out the dream of every football fan – I captained England at a World Cup.
- Leon Bailey refuses to play for Jamaica after brother is not called up15 October 2018, 10:40 am
The 21-year-old, who is eligible for Jamaica, Germany and Belgium had appeared to finally pin his colours to the mast by accepting a call-up for their clash with Bonaire.
- Neymar and Co ride dune buggies in Saudi Arabian desert ahead of Brazil's clash with Argentina15 October 2018, 10:25 am
Coach Tite is readying his squad for a clash against the fellow South American heavyweights on Tuesday following their win over Saudi Arabia last week.BBC Sport - Football
- I don't understand why Premier League started so early - Southgate on 'lack of freshness'15 October 2018, 10:41 am
Premier League players have suffered because the competition started "so early" after the World Cup, says England boss Gareth Southgate.
- Luke Shaw: Man Utd defender close to agreeing new contract15 October 2018, 10:37 am
Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw is close to agreeing a new long-term contract with the Premier League club.
- 'I'm not even a professional footballer yet' - Bolt questions drugs test notice15 October 2018, 9:06 am
Usain Bolt questions why he has received a notice for a drugs test from Australia's anti-doping authority, saying he is not yet a professional footballer.
- From the terraces to the dug-out - how have managers fared at the team they support?15 October 2018, 6:46 am
After lifelong fan Dean Smith's appointment by Aston Villa, BBC Sport looks at how other managers fared at the club they support.
- How a message on LinkedIn shaped a World Cup dream15 October 2018, 5:48 am
From the fringes of the Chile squad to World Cup dreams with Palestine - how a message on a social network changed one player's life.
- Can you name the Premier League's top 20 Spanish goalscorers?15 October 2018, 5:38 am
Take on our quiz and see if you can you name the 20 Spanish players who have scored the most Premier League goals?
- Croatia v England - meet the fans who travelled 1,000 miles for behind-closed-doors game15 October 2018, 5:14 am
BBC Sport joins a group of England fans on a road trip to Croatia as they try to see the Nations League game played behind closed doors.
- Koscielny criticises Deschamps as he quits international football14 October 2018, 7:19 pm
France and Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny retires from international duty after criticising manager Didier Deschamps for his treatment while recovering from injury
- Kane could flourish in La Liga, says Spain captain Ramos14 October 2018, 6:57 pm
Spain captain Sergio Ramos believes England counterpart Harry Kane has the ability to succeed in La Liga.
- Portugal condemn Scotland to sixth defeat in eight matches14 October 2018, 5:52 pm
Scotland pay the price for poor defending as they lose at home to Euro 2016 winners Portugal in a friendly.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Red Sox don't let Astros get out of their reach15 October 2018, 6:55 am
Boston's hitters came through in key moments, the bullpen dominated and David Price did just enough to help keep the ALCS interesting.
- Price earns first 'team win' as postseason starter15 October 2018, 6:11 am
Following a span in which his teams went 0-10 in his 10 career postseason starts, David Price pitched just well enough to keep the Red Sox in Sunday's ALCS Game 2 -- which they won -- and was given an ovation by the Fenway Park crowd.
- Patriots show championship mettle in wild win over Chiefs15 October 2018, 5:00 am
The Patriots prevailed with a last-second field goal in an impressive back-and-forth contest that had the atmosphere of a playoff game.
- Adapt or die: How Cloud9 turned LoL worlds on its head15 October 2018, 3:04 am
North America's Cloud9 entered the League of Legends World Championship as the third seed, with little hope of advancing out of their group of death. Then something happened in Busan.
- Red Sox LHP Sale hospitalized for stomach illness15 October 2018, 2:51 am
Red Sox starter Chris Sale was admitted to a local hospital Sunday afternoon because of a stomach illness, the team said.
- Week 6 takeaways: Rams stay unbeaten, but NFC stays jumbled15 October 2018, 2:35 am
The Rams' offense looks unstoppable as they move to 6-0, but the rest of the NFC remains up for grabs. NFL Nation looks at Week 6.
- Sanders calls league 'soft' after taunting call15 October 2018, 2:26 am
"I'm having fun. I didn't do anything crazy," Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders said after a taunting penalty affected a potential TD-scoring drive in Sunday's loss to the Rams.
- The biggest injuries of NFL Week 615 October 2018, 2:16 am
The latest on all the big injuries from our NFL Nation reporters, including the prognosis on each player for Week 7 and beyond.
- AFC on notice: Chargers set up to be legitimate threats15 October 2018, 1:31 am
The Chargers have avoided their annual slow start, and with a soft schedule ahead, competitors had better watch their backs.
- Gold Rush: Gurley gets career-best 208 yards15 October 2018, 1:21 am
Todd Gurley had a day against the Broncos, as the Rams star set a career mark with 208 rushing yards en route to two touchdowns and a win.
- Sport24.co.za | Baxter warns Bafana players against complacency15 October 2018, 11:11 am
Stuart Baxter has warned his Bafana Bafana players against any complacency ahead of a return leg against Seychelles after a convincing home win.
- Sport24.co.za | Baxter hails Bartlett impact after Seychelles rout15 October 2018, 11:11 am
Stuart Baxter has hailed the impact of assistant coach Shaun Bartlett after Bafana Bafana's comfortable win over Seychelles.
- Sport24.co.za | I'm happy for our supporters - Solinas15 October 2018, 11:10 am
Kaizer Chiefs coach Giovanni Solinas praised the performance of his charges after beating Bloemfontein Celtic 2-0 to clinch the Macufe Cup on Sunday.
- Sport24.co.za | OPINION: Bafana can’t rest on their laurels yet15 October 2018, 11:09 am
Bafana's AFCON qualification is still not assured despite their "taking candy from a kid" win against Seychelles, writes Sy Lerman.
- Sport24.co.za | Digne: Everton's attack can punish anyone15 October 2018, 11:01 am
Everton full-back Lucas Digne has praised the Blues' attacking prowess and believes they have the firepower to trouble any Premier League defence.
- Sport24.co.za | Guardiola unsure if Man City ready for European glory15 October 2018, 10:53 am
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola admits he doesn't know if his charges are ready to challenge for the UEFA Champions League title yet.
- Sport24.co.za | Komphela: Mabasa needs stronger mentality15 October 2018, 9:44 am
Bloemfontein Celtic coach Steve Komphela acknowledges that Tshegofatso Mabasa has bags of talent, but feels the youngster needs to improve his mentality.
- Sport24.co.za | WATCH: Bafana arrive in Seychelles for return clash15 October 2018, 8:59 am
Bafana Bafana arrived ahead of their AFCON 2019 qualifier against the Seychelles in a return leg on the back of a convincing home win.
- Sport24.co.za | Domingo: Hunt teaches you how to win15 October 2018, 8:53 am
Haashim Domingo insists he joined Wits "to win titles" and believes Gavin Hunt is the perfect coach to help him achieve that.
- Sport24.co.za | Fred wants to stay at United for many years15 October 2018, 8:03 am
Manchester United midfielder Fred has revealed that he watched English football growing up as he settles into life in the United Kingdom.