- This RSS feed URL is deprecated26 September 2018, 8:39 am
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Manchester United fans hated Harry Wilson's celebration last night - Manchester Evening News26 September 2018, 8:07 am
Manchester Evening NewsManchester United fans hated Harry Wilson's celebration last nightManchester Evening NewsHarry Wilson rubbed salt into the wounds of Manchester United supporters last night with a celebration that the Scousers will have loved. As if conceding from his 30-yard free-kick in the second half wasn't bad enough for Jose Mourinho's men, the ...Man Utd news: Why Lampard wasn't surprised by Liverpool loanee Harry Wilson's free kickExpress.co.ukYoung star brutally mocks Man United after incredible goalYahoo SportsHarry Wilson scores incredible free-kick as Derby beat Man UnitedLFC GlobeThe Scottish Sun -Liverpool Echo -SPORTbibleall 78 news articles »
- Andreas Christensen using Chelsea's EFL Cup clash with Liverpool to get career back on track - Evening Standard26 September 2018, 8:05 am
Evening StandardAndreas Christensen using Chelsea's EFL Cup clash with Liverpool to get career back on trackEvening StandardThe EFL Cup may not be top of Maurizio Sarri's priorities this week but Andreas Christensen knows it represents another opportunity to help get his Chelsea career back on track. Christensen's inclusion is expected to be one of a number of changes Sarri ...Jürgen Klopp warns Liverpool players to take Carabao Cup seriouslyThe GuardianLiverpool manager Jurgen Klopp hails Simon Mignolet's attitude ahead of Chelsea chanceThe Independentall 1,661 news articles »
- Phil Foden reveals his Man City dream came true against Oxford - Manchester Evening News26 September 2018, 8:00 am
Manchester Evening NewsPhil Foden reveals his Man City dream came true against OxfordManchester Evening NewsPhil Foden says his first senior goal for Manchester City is a dream come true. The 18-year-old was the stand-out performer in City's 3-0 Carabao Cup win against Oxford, with his maiden City strike superbly-taken late on at the Kassam Stadium.Football news - Pep Guardiola warns that it's too early to compare Phil Foden with Andres IniestaEurosport.co.ukPep Guardiola Praises Phil Foden Amid Andres Iniesta ComparisonsBleacher ReportPhil Foden shines as Manchester City see off Oxford United in front of packed house for League Cup tieThe IndependentTelegraph.co.uk -The Guardian -talkSPORT.com -Teamtalk.comall 839 news articles »
- Ryder Cup 2018: Silly to focus on Tiger Woods - Rory McIlroy - BBC Sport26 September 2018, 7:59 am
BBC SportRyder Cup 2018: Silly to focus on Tiger Woods - Rory McIlroyBBC SportRory McIlroy says it would be "silly" for Europe's Ryder Cup team to focus on one player when it comes to the threat posed by America's Tiger Woods. Woods, who has won 14 majors, claimed a first win in five years at the Tour Championship in Atlanta ...Europe Ryder Cup pen picsDaily MailFrancesco Molinari Steamrolls Into the Ryder CupNew York TimesUtah's Tony Finau will blend into Ryder Cup team 'seamlessly,' says vice captain Zach JohnsonDeseret NewsWashington City Paper -PEOPLE.com -Radio New Zealand -Business Insiderall 4,845 news articles »
- Ed Woodward has been given a wake-up call at Manchester United - Manchester Evening News26 September 2018, 7:02 am
Manchester Evening NewsEd Woodward has been given a wake-up call at Manchester UnitedManchester Evening NewsOn the day Ed Woodward vowed 'everyone at the club is working tirelessly to add to Manchester United's 66 and Jose's 25 trophies', United were knocked out of the Carabao Cup at the first hurdle. Speaking at his quarterly conference call with investors ...Manchester United eyes record revenue despite shaky league startSky NewsManchester United's Ed Woodward speaks out over Jose Mourinho's future after Wolves drawBirmingham Liveall 630 news articles »
- In the power battle between Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho Man Utd will soon be forced to choose a side - Telegraph.co.uk26 September 2018, 7:00 am
Telegraph.co.ukIn the power battle between Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho Man Utd will soon be forced to choose a sideTelegraph.co.ukSooner or later the decision Manchester United will have to make will be between backing the judgement of their manager Jose Mourinho or their most famous name, Paul Pogba, and it is a measure of the uncertainty around the club that it could either way.Manchester United news and transfers LIVE Ed Woodward criticised as 'Mourinho Out' calls heightenManchester Evening NewsFrank Lampard says win at Manchester United down to 'special performance' after Derby's shock EFL Cup resultEvening StandardManchester United dumped out of the Carabao Cup on penalties by Derby CountyITV NewsBBC Sport -The Statesman -The Independent -myKhelall 2,655 news articles »
- The FA 'agrees to sell Wembley to Shahid Khan for £600m' - SkySports26 September 2018, 5:50 am
SkySportsThe FA 'agrees to sell Wembley to Shahid Khan for £600m'SkySportsThe Football Association has agreed to sell Wembley to Fulham and Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan for £600m, according to the Financial Times. The Pakistani-American businessman has been in talks to buy the national stadium since April, and ...FA 'agrees terms to sell Wembley' to Shahid Khan in £800m deal ahead of crucial vote on stadiumDaily MailShahid Khan 'agrees £600m purchase of Wembley' as FA seek approval at board meetingMirror.co.ukFA agrees terms of £600m Wembley sale ahead of crunch voteFinancial Timesall 22 news articles »
- Chelsea news: Major Eden Hazard warning fired to Premier League rivals - Express.co.uk26 September 2018, 5:40 am
Express.co.ukChelsea news: Major Eden Hazard warning fired to Premier League rivalsExpress.co.ukThe Belgium international was named in FIFA's FIFPro World XI for 2018 earlier this week having been excellent for his country at the World Cup. And Hazard has started the season strongly for Chelsea too with five goals and two assists in six Premier ...Eden Hazard hasn't reached full potential, says Gianfranco Zola - 'The more he plays, the better he gets'Telegraph.co.ukChelsea drop Eden Hazard hint ahead of Liverpool Carabao Cup clashLiverpool EchoEden Hazard told to improve for Chelsea — ONE DAY after being named in FIFA's World XIIrish MirrorEvening Standardall 567 news articles »
- Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham Hotspur need to win trophies - The Times25 September 2018, 11:01 pm
The TimesMauricio Pochettino: Tottenham Hotspur need to win trophiesThe TimesMauricio Pochettino is confident that Tottenham Hotspur will be playing in their £850 million new stadium “by Christmas”. And, once they are there, the manager says that they will have no excuse for not winning trophies. Tottenham's 62,000-seat revamp ...Mauricio Pochettino hopes to be in Spurs' new stadium before ChristmasThe GuardianMauricio Pochettino: Daniel Levy has told me Tottenham will be in the new stadium by ChristmasTelegraph.co.ukDele Alli licking his lips for Tottenham vs Watford clash that is a REAL home tie for himMirror.co.uktalkSPORT.com -Sportskeeda -LeaderLiveall 632 news articles »FOX Sports Content Feed
- The Latest: Rahm quickly gets into Ryder Cup spirit26 September 2018, 7:59 am
Ryder Cup rookie Jon Rahm doesn't take long to get into the Ryder Cup banter on European team
- 2-time Olympic skiing medalist Weibrecht carves new life26 September 2018, 7:50 am
Two-time Olympic medalist in downhill skiing Andrew Weibrecht forging a new life since he retired in May
- LEADING OFF: deGrom seeks 1 last quality start; Sale for Sox26 September 2018, 7:47 am
LEADING OFF: deGrom seeks 1 last quality start; Sale building up stamina for playoff-bound Red Sox; new citizen King Felix on mound
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief26 September 2018, 7:42 am
Tuesday's Sports in Brief
- Early round of World Cup full of upsets and surprises26 September 2018, 7:40 am
The preliminary round of the FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup had its share of upsets, comebacks and surprises
- Tavares, Karlsson prove NHL players in their prime can move26 September 2018, 7:38 am
John Tavares, Erik Karlsson prove NHL players in their prime can move
- Mariners' Hernandez starting vs. A's after 18 days out26 September 2018, 7:37 am
Felix Hernandez hopes to take something positive into the offseason.
- Reed relishes being Captain America _ or Public Enemy No. 126 September 2018, 7:37 am
Patrick Reed relishes the role of Captain America, but he's just as comfortable being Public Enemy No. 1 at the Ryder Cup.
- Giants face Padres fueled by Bumgarner's walkoff hit26 September 2018, 7:26 am
Giants face Padres fueled by Bumgarner's walkoff hit
- McIlroy says Tiger Woods 1 of 12 Americans at Ryder Cup26 September 2018, 7:22 am
Rory McIlroy says the goal for Europe in the Ryder Cup is to beat the Americans, not just Tiger WoodsGet the latest Soccer football results, fixtures and exclusive video highlights from Yahoo Sports including live scores, match stats and team news.
- Recap: KC 4, CIN 326 September 2018, 4:06 am
9/25/18: Dozier clubs a go-ahead homer in 4-3 win
- Kovac defends squad selection after Bayern drop points to Augsburg26 September 2018, 3:58 am
After Bayern Munich conceded late to draw 1-1 at home to Augsburg, head coach Niko Kovac says that squad rotation is necessary when there are so many games in the season.
- Lopetegui confirms Isco surgery before Sevilla clash26 September 2018, 12:52 am
Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui revealed Isco will have surgery, after it was discovered the midfielder has appendicitis.
- Neymar playing as number 10 is better for PSG - Tuchel26 September 2018, 12:43 am
Ahead of PSG's Ligue 1 match against Stade Reims on Wednesday, head coach Thomas Tuchel has explained the benefits of Neymar playing in the number 10 position.
- Messi should have won Best FIFA Award - Valverde25 September 2018, 11:21 pm
Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde questioned FIFA's decision to overlook Lionel Messi for their annual best player award.
- Paul Pogba stripped of Man United vice captaincy by Mourinho25 September 2018, 10:14 pm
Jose Mourinho has stripped Paul Pogba of the Manchester United vice captaincy, but wouldn't offer an explanation for the decision. Mourinho insisted that it wasn't because of a dispute with the World Cup-winning France midfielder who returned to United in 2016 for 105 million euros (then 6 million). Mourinho added that it was "just one decision that I don't have to explain." Pogba had appeared to criticize United's style of play under Mourinho this weekend when he called on the team to attack more.
- US Soccer Community Comes Together For A Good Cause25 September 2018, 9:53 pm
Grant Wahl reacts to Jozy Altidore and the US Soccer community coming together to support one of MLS' biggest fan group leaders "Big" Robert Gillespie. For more Planet Futbol subscribe to SITV.
- Real Madrid playmaker Isco to undergo appendicitis surgery25 September 2018, 6:46 pm
Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui confirms his side's midfielder Isco will undergo surgery for appendicitis after experiencing stomach problems before a training session.
- Jose Mourinho tells Paul Pogba he will never captain Manchester United again25 September 2018, 6:32 pm
Paul Pogba’s fractured relationship with Jose Mourinho hit an all-time low on Tuesday after the Manchester United manager told the France midfielder in front of team-mates that he will never captain the club again. Mourinho broke the bombshell news to his stunned squad at United’s Carrington training ground after reacting furiously to Pogba’s criticism of the team’s tactics at Old Trafford in the wake of Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers. The United manager is thought to have accused Pogba of believing he is bigger than the club as the Portuguese’s patience with his club record £89 million signing finally snapped.
- New Zealand prime minister arrives at UN with her baby25 September 2018, 6:08 pm
Jacinda Ardern made history by bringing her 3-month-old daughter into a United Nations assembly.Read about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- Renato Sanches' 'irresistible start to the season' hailed by Mats Hummels26 September 2018, 9:02 am
Renato Sanches is continuing to prove he is a player reborn this season, and his Bayern Munich team-mates are taking note. The youngster is putting his miserable Swansea spell behind him.
- Troy Deeney reveals why he 'hates' Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk26 September 2018, 9:01 am
Troy Deeney has admitted that he 'hates' coming up against Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk. The pair are due to meet when Jurgen Klopp's men travel to Vicarage Road on November 24.
- Zinedine Zidane enjoys day out in London with wife Veronique after attending FIFA Best Awards26 September 2018, 8:57 am
Zinedine Zidane and his wife Veronique made the most of their trip to London for the FIFA Best Awards by spending a day exploring the city. The pair, who met aged 17 in Cannes, posed in London.
- 'He should feel really proud': Southgate lauds Brighton-bound Ashworth26 September 2018, 8:49 am
Gareth Southgate believes England has earned its place among football's leading nations again thanks to successes at youth level and the Three Lions' run to the last four in Russia this summer.
- Jose Mourinho bemoans Manchester United attitude after Derby defeat26 September 2018, 8:45 am
JACK GAUGHAN AT OLD TRAFFORD: Jose Mourinho bemoaned Manchester United’s attitude as they lurched into further crisis on Tuesday night with defeat by Derby.
- Qatar is not paying World Cup stadium workers, says Amnesty26 September 2018, 8:43 am
Hundreds of impoverished workers at the venue which will host Qatar’s 2022 World Cup final have gone unpaid for months and are owed up to £4,000.
- Ryan Sessegnon insists he was always going to stay at Fulham26 September 2018, 8:09 am
Ryan Sessegnon has dismissed suggestions he was going to leave Fulham in the summer, claiming there is only one place he wants to be.
- Paul Pogba tells Jose Mourinho he wants to quit Manchester United26 September 2018, 7:36 am
EXCLUSIVE BY CHRIS WHEELER: Sportsmail understands that Paul Pogba’s desire to leave was the reason behind Jose Mourinho stripping the club’s £89m signing of captaincy duties.
- On loan Man United goalkeeper O'Hara eyeing Carabao Cup shock at West Ham26 September 2018, 7:14 am
O'Hara has swapped the luxury of Old Trafford for a season's loan in League Two and saved a hat-trick of spot-kicks in the last round at Walsall – one of three shoot-outs Macc have won this season.
- Klopp admits it may take Fabinho SIX MONTHS to adapt to Liverpool26 September 2018, 6:38 am
The 24-year-old has had to watch his new team-mates' flying start to the season from the sidelines, making just one substitute appearance in the final seconds of the win over PSG so far.BBC Sport - Football
- In Real Life: 'Aggressive', 'late', 'showboats' - typical 5-a-side players26 September 2018, 7:29 am
We look at some of the typical 5-a-side football players who step out onto the pitch every week.
- Declan Rice: West Ham hope to agree new deal with teenager26 September 2018, 7:11 am
West Ham hope to agree a new long-term deal with teenager Declan Rice by the end of the year.
- 'Migrants working on construction of new city before 2022 World Cup left unpaid'26 September 2018, 6:34 am
Dozens of migrants working on the city hosting the final of the 2022 Qatar World Cup have been unpaid for months, Amnesty International said.
- When Steven Gerrard's 'old man' costume fooled everyone26 September 2018, 5:18 am
In his latest BBC Radio 5 live podcast, Peter Crouch reminisces about a Liverpool fancy-dress Christmas party.
- Mourinho 'at war with his players' - Keown25 September 2018, 10:51 pm
Martin Keown says that Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho "seems to be at war with his players" after the Carabao Cup defeat at home to Derby.
- Elliott, 15, makes debut as Fulham beat Millwall25 September 2018, 10:49 pm
Harvey Elliott, 15, becomes Fulham's youngest player as they beat Millwall in the Carabao Cup, having had a school exam earlier in the day.
- Derby beat Man Utd 8-7 in penalty shootout25 September 2018, 10:33 pm
Derby beat Manchester United 8-7 in a dramatic penalty shootout at Old Trafford to reach the Carabao Cup fourth round.
- 'No fallout, no problem' - but Mourinho tells Pogba he will not captain Man Utd again25 September 2018, 10:29 pm
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says he has "no problem" with Paul Pogba despite telling the midfielder he will not captain the club again.
- Atletico Madrid brush past struggling Huesca with 3-0 win25 September 2018, 10:09 pm
Atletico Madrid beat minnows Huesca 3-0 in La Liga thanks to three first-half goals.
- Oxford United 0-3 Manchester City: Carabao Cup holders see off League One strugglers25 September 2018, 10:05 pm
Teenager Phil Foden scores his first Manchester City goal and is compared to Andres Iniesta as they beat Oxford United in the Carabao Cup third round.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Astros reach 100 wins, close out AL West title26 September 2018, 9:23 am
The Astros reached 100 wins for the second straight season, beating the Blue Jays 4-1 Tuesday night behind Alex Bregman's two-run homer. Houston was assured of its second straight AL West title hours later when Oakland lost at Seattle.
- White: Diaz-Poirier 165-pound title not happening26 September 2018, 7:13 am
While Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier took to social media to announce they'd be fighting for an inaugural 165-pound championship at UFC 230, Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that there is "absolutely no truth" to their tweets.
- NL playoff races continue to tighten26 September 2018, 6:57 am
Dial 'D' for final-week drama, because the NL Central, West and wild-card races could go to any of the five teams chasing four playoff spots.
- Scherzer joins elite company with 300th strikeout26 September 2018, 2:47 am
Nationals ace Max Scherzer recorded his 300th strikeout of the season Tuesday night, becoming the 17th pitcher since 1900 and the fifth since 2000 to reach the milestone.
- Demoted Clemson QB Bryant misses practice26 September 2018, 2:42 am
Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant did not attend practice Tuesday. It's his second missed practice, as coach Dabo Swinney excused him from Monday's practice to process his demotion from starter to backup.
- NHL mascot rankings: Gritty's big debut26 September 2018, 2:34 am
The Flyers' first mascot since the 1970s broke the internet on Monday. Find out where he lands among every team's plush personnel.
- Mourinho's show of strength undermined by Derby defeat26 September 2018, 1:20 am
He was backed by his board and told Paul Pogba who was boss, but fans only saw a manager and star player at odds, followed by an embarrassing loss.
- Angels' Ohtani opts to get Tommy John surgery26 September 2018, 12:14 am
Angels two-way star Shohei Ohtani will undergo Tommy John surgery when the offseason starts, the team announced Tuesday.
- Walton sets tone as LeBron, Lakers hit the court25 September 2018, 11:37 pm
LeBron James had "a great first practice" under coach Luke Walton and the Lakers, using the session to focus entirely on the defensive side of the ball.
- Former Raiders LB, 26, in coma after aneurysm25 September 2018, 11:35 pm
Neiron Ball, who overcame a congenital condition in which the brain's blood vessels get tangled and rupture to reach the NFL, is in a medically induced coma after a brain aneurysm ruptured.
- Sport24.co.za | McCarthy: I want to win MTN8 trophy26 September 2018, 8:57 am
Cape Town City coach Benni McCarthy has spoken of his desire to win his first trophy as a headcoach ahead of the MTN8 final against Supersport United.
- Sport24.co.za | FIFA's 'The Best' awards turned into 'The Worst'26 September 2018, 8:14 am
FIFA's The Best gala proved to be the strangest football award ceremony in recent memory after a series of controversial decisions.
- Sport24.co.za | Giroud hopes Cahill stays at Chelsea26 September 2018, 7:40 am
Olivier Giroud says he sympathises with team-mate Gary Cahill and his lack of playing time under Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri this season.
- Sport24.co.za | FA charges Benitez over referee comments26 September 2018, 6:58 am
The Football Association has charged Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez for comments he made about referee Andre Marriner.
- Sport24.co.za | Guardiola reveals 10-year plan for Phil Foden26 September 2018, 6:42 am
Pep Guardiola has backed Manchester City starlet Phil Foden to shine for the next decade after the youngster's dazzling League Cup display against Oxford.
- Sport24.co.za | Experience, stability bolster Germany's Euro 2024 bid26 September 2018, 6:32 am
With a long history of hosting major sporting events, Germany makes a solid case for hosting the Euro 2024 finals, with the winning bid to be announced Thursday.
- Sport24.co.za | Workers in Qatar World Cup final city went unpaid for months26 September 2018, 6:21 am
Dozens of migrants working on Qatar's billion World Cup final city of Lusail have gone unpaid for months.
- Sport24.co.za | Pogba will never captain Man Utd again, Mourinho confirms26 September 2018, 6:01 am
Paul Pogba has been stripped of the vice-captaincy of Manchester United by manager Jose Mourinho as tensions between the two continue to rise.
- Sport24.co.za | City ease into last 16 of the League Cup26 September 2018, 5:49 am
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola enjoyed a comfortable evening despite ringing the changes as Phil Foden shone in a 3-0 win at League One Oxford.
- Sport24.co.za | Derby pile misery on Mourinho amid Pogba rift talk26 September 2018, 5:28 am
Jose Mourinho was left red-faced amid fresh talk of a rift with Paul Pogba as Manchester United crashed to a defeat against Frank Lampard's Derby.