- This RSS feed URL is deprecated26 May 2018, 3:29 am
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Chris Froome takes lead in Giro d'Italia as Simon Yates bombs on mountain stage - ABC Online26 May 2018, 1:55 am
ABC OnlineChris Froome takes lead in Giro d'Italia as Simon Yates bombs on mountain stageABC OnlineChris Froome produced one of the great performances of his career, attacking alone on a gravel road up a gruelling climb to win the 19th stage of the Giro d'Italia and claim the overall leader's pink jersey. The four-time Tour de France champion ...Chris Froome grabs Giro d'Italia lead with extraordinary solo salvoThe GuardianChris Froome in pink after incredible charge on Stage 19 as Simon Yates implodesEurosport.co.ukSimon Yates insists he has 'no regrets' after losing almost 40 minutes in Giro d'Italia catastropheTelegraph.co.ukCyclingnews.com -The Scotsman -Daily Mail -FanSidedall 216 news articles »
- Nick Westby: Inspiring and uplifting - how Brendan Ingle was a saviour to so many - Yorkshire Post26 May 2018, 12:52 am
Yorkshire PostNick Westby: Inspiring and uplifting - how Brendan Ingle was a saviour to so manyYorkshire PostHe spoke of the young men and women in his charge with great enthusiasm and warmth. Brendan Ingle. He talked of their wins and their losses, inside and outside of the ring, with compassion and perspective. And when he was done talking about them, ...Tributes paid to `best trainer in the world´ as Brendan Ingle dies aged 77Daily MailBOXING CLEVER: Brendan Ingle's legacy will live on in Sheffield for generationsDaily Starall 57 news articles »
- Maurizio Sarri increasingly hopeful he will land dream Chelsea job - Telegraph.co.uk26 May 2018, 12:25 am
Telegraph.co.ukMaurizio Sarri increasingly hopeful he will land dream Chelsea jobTelegraph.co.ukMaurizio Sarri is growing increasingly hopeful that he will be granted his dream move to Chelsea. Sarri has put himself in pole position to succeed Antonio Conte as head coach at Stamford Bridge, should, as expected, the 48-year-old be sacked. Having ...Chelsea news: Maurizio Sarri confirmation IMMINENT, Antonio Conte heading out - reportExpress.co.ukChelsea haggle over Sarri clauseFootball Italiaall 23 news articles »
- Gegard Mousasi forced a first round stoppage of Rafael Carvalho at Bellator 200 - Daily Mail26 May 2018, 12:21 am
Daily MailGegard Mousasi forced a first round stoppage of Rafael Carvalho at Bellator 200Daily MailGegard Mousasi forced a first round stoppage of Rafael Carvalho to dethrone the middleweight king at Bellator 200. The former UFC standout took his Brazilian opponent down early on before transitioning to mount. Carvalho was forced to squirm onto his ...Bellator 200 results: Live 'Carvalho vs Mousasi' streaming play-by-play updatesMMAmania.comNew Bellator champion Gegard Mousasi to push for fight with 'chicken' Rory MacDonaldMetroBellator 200 Results: All the verdicts and reaction from Carvalho vs MousasiExpress.co.ukESPN (blog) -CBSSports.comall 79 news articles »
- Mark Hughes signs three-year contract with Southampton after great escape - The Guardian26 May 2018, 12:07 am
The GuardianMark Hughes signs three-year contract with Southampton after great escapeThe GuardianFormer Stoke manager commits his future to 2021 • Hughes calls on fans to build on end-of-season revival. Press Association. Fri 25 May 2018 18.04 EDT Last modified on Fri 25 May 2018 18.56 EDT. Share on Facebook · Share on Twitter · Share via Email ...Mark Hughes signs three-year Southampton deal after Premier League survivalEvening StandardSouthampton boss Hughes signs new three-year dealReutersMark Hughes signs three-year deal to stay on as Southampton managerThe SunIndependent.ie -Sports Moleall 16 news articles »
- Liverpool's mayor unable to resolve flight 'shambles' for 730 fans - The Guardian25 May 2018, 9:52 pm
The GuardianLiverpool's mayor unable to resolve flight 'shambles' for 730 fansThe GuardianLiverpool fans whose flights to watch their side in the Champions League final in Ukraine were cancelled face bitter disappointment after the city's mayor said he had been unable to resolve the “utter shambles” in time. More than 700 supporters face ...Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson speaks to Kiev's Vitali Klitschko after fans' flights cancelledSky NewsLiverpool bid to get stranded fans to #UCLfinal in Kiev failsIndependent OnlineLiverpool fans stranded ahead of Champion's League final as flights to Kiev cancelledScottish Daily Recordall 76 news articles »
- England's dropped catches not down to lack of training, says Jonny Bairstow - The Guardian25 May 2018, 9:50 pm
The GuardianEngland's dropped catches not down to lack of training, says Jonny BairstowThe GuardianEngland dropped five chances on day two at Lord's • Babar Azam expected to be out for six weeks with broken wrist. Ali Martin at Lord's. @Cricket_Ali · Email. Fri 25 May 2018 15.48 EDT First published on Fri 25 May 2018 11.45 EDT. Share on Facebook ...Nasser Hussain says Pakistan have done country proud over first two days against England at Lord'sSkySportsFrazzled England struggle to hold on as Pakistan turn screw at Lord'sYorkshire PostPakistan make hay as England butter fingers help tourists build lead - 5 talking points from day two of first TestMirror.co.ukESPN.co.uk -Telegraph.co.uk -BBC Sport -Metroall 465 news articles »
- Liverpool relish final test to topple Real Madrid, the kings of Europe - The Guardian25 May 2018, 9:38 pm
The GuardianLiverpool relish final test to topple Real Madrid, the kings of EuropeThe GuardianEventually, the talking stops. Jürgen Klopp and his players have done all the interviews. They have been through all the tactics and there will come a time on Saturday evening, in the bowels of the NSC Olimpiyskiy, when they will be in their dressing ...Liverpool chairman Tom Werner on selling Philippe Coutinho, keeping Mohamed Salah and 'exceptional' Jurgen KloppLiverpool EchoJurgen Klopp: 'Big-balls football' has made Liverpool a superclub againTelegraph.co.ukMasked Ukraine hooligans film themselves moments before attacking Liverpool fansMirror.co.ukThe Independent -Daily Star -Sporting News -BBC Sportall 5,206 news articles »
- 'Emery won't win the title with Arsenal' - Parlour expects lack of funds to hold new boss back - Goal.com25 May 2018, 8:06 pm
Goal.com'Emery won't win the title with Arsenal' - Parlour expects lack of funds to hold new boss backGoal.comThe former midfielder believes the big spending of champions Manchester City and other rivals will keep the Gunners away from the top-flight crown. Unai Emery will not deliver Premier League title success at Arsenal as big-spending rivals will continue ...Arsenal in talks with defender Stephan Lichtsteiner over free transferThe GuardianArsenal hold positive Lichtsteiner talks over two-year Gunners dealGoal.comArsenal Transfer News: Stephan Lichtsteiner Free Transfer RumouredBleacher ReportBirmingham Live -New Statesman -Daily Star -Sporting Newsall 130 news articles »FOX Sports Content Feed
- Sun host Fever with offense shining bright (May 25, 2018)26 May 2018, 4:15 am
Having already carved a notch in the WNBA record books, the high-scoring Connecticut Sun host the defensively challenged Indiana Fever on Saturday night at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
- Hess, Orioles overcome Rays bullpen for 2-0 win (May 25, 2018)26 May 2018, 4:13 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) David Hess pitched four-hit ball into the seventh inning, helping the Baltimore Orioles overcome a strong effort from Tampa Bay's bullpen in a 2-0 win over the Rays on Friday night.
- Austin Hedges suffers setback during rehab assignment26 May 2018, 4:10 am
Padres catcher Austin Hedges has suffered a setback during his rehab assignment, manager Andy Green announced prior to first pitch on Friday.
- Moore's late 3-pointer leads Lynx past Liberty26 May 2018, 4:09 am
Maya Moore knocked down a 3-pointer with 19 seconds left to give the Minnesota Lynx a lead for good.
- Padres pitchers utilizing the pickoff move to get outs26 May 2018, 4:08 am
Padres pitchers utilizing a unique weapon to get outs
- Atlanta tries to turn nightmare into Dream versus Wings (May 25, 2018)26 May 2018, 4:06 am
Dallas torched the Atlanta Dream for 101 points in the Wings' second game of the season May 20.
- Cardinals' struggles in Pittsburgh continue with 8-1 loss to Pirates26 May 2018, 4:06 am
Joe Musgrove came off the disabled list to win his Pirates debut with seven scoreless innings as Pittsburgh beat the St. Louis Cardinals 8-1 on Friday.
- Cubs, Quintana try to keep Giants down (May 25, 2018)26 May 2018, 4:00 am
CHICAGO -- For all of the constant chatter surrounding what the Chicago Cubs may need to add to contend for their second World Series championship three years, Theo Epstein offered a simple response Friday.
- Are the Dodgers suffering a World Series hangover?26 May 2018, 3:55 am
Are the Dodgers suffering a World Series hangover?
- Musgrove uses arm, bat to beat Cards 7-1 in Pirates debut26 May 2018, 3:54 am
PITTSBURGH (AP) Joe Musgrove came off the disabled list to win his Pirates debut with seven scoreless innings on the mound while also getting his first career hit and scoring the winning run as Pittsburgh beat the St. Louis Cardinals 8-1 on Friday night.Find the latest Soccer breaking news, photos, and information from the best sources on Yahoo! Sports
- UPDATE 4-Friendlies Summaries26 May 2018, 2:06 am
May 26 (OPTA) - Summaries for the Friendlies on Friday (start times are GMT) Friendlies 1 ................................................................. Kenya (0) 0 Yellow card: Ouma 50 Subs
- Disgruntled fans break into Brazil pre-World Cup training26 May 2018, 1:05 am
TERESOPOLIS, Brazil (AP) — Disgruntled fans broke into a Brazil training session for the World Cup on Friday and some booed the national team over a lack of contact with local supporters. A few dozen even mocked chanted "It was 7-1! It was 7-1!" in a reference to the team's humiliation against Germany four years ago. The open training in Teresopolis was the only chance local fans had to be with Brazil players since the beginning of preparations Monday. Brazil gave up on its traditional pre-World Cup friendly on home soil before the tournament and will only play again June 3 in Liverpool against Croatia. In the first and only meeting with players before they travel to the tournament in Russia,
- Impact seeking to end skid against Minnesota26 May 2018, 12:01 am
The Montreal Impact (3-9-0, 9 points) and Minnesota United (4-7-1, 13 points) are both hungry for a win, so barring a draw Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, somebody's fortunes will be looking up by the end of the match. Montreal has dropped three consecutive matches, each loss a shutout. "Everyone's disappointed," said Impact defender Daniel Lovitz.
- Revolution look to get back on track vs. Whitecaps25 May 2018, 8:58 pm
The New England Revolution will try to avoid its pet peeve Saturday. The Revs (5-4-2) hope to maintain their success in avoiding two straight losses this Major League Soccer season as they visit the struggling Vancouver Whitecaps (4-5-4). New England will try to bounce back from a 1-0 loss to Columbus last weekend.
- Klopp hails Real Madrid; plots upset in UCL final25 May 2018, 5:30 pm
Jurgen Klopp has placed all of the pressure on Real Madrid ahead of the UEFA Champions League final in Kiev, Ukraine on Saturday. The Liverpool manager spoke to the media on Friday ahead of the showpiece final and revealed his admiration for Zinedine Zidane and his superstars, with Real hoping to win a third-straight UCL trophy and a record 13th European title. Liverpool (five-time winners themselves) are the slight underdogs but the way Klopp was talking suggested this final was a proper David vs. Goliath battle.
- Germany's 'golden generation' primed for World Cup defense25 May 2018, 3:46 pm
BERLIN (AP) — Germany coach Joachim Loew is brimming with confidence just over three weeks before what he calls the country's "golden generation" begins its World Cup defense against Mexico. "I have a very good feeling," Loew said at the team's training camp in South Tyrol, Italy. "I don't know what will happen with this golden generation after the tournament. It's possible there will be a break-up. But all the players are on fire for the World Cup." Germany is one of the favorites in Russia despite the retirements of Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Miroslav Klose since winning the tournament in Brazil four years ago. Players like Toni Kroos, Sami Khedira, Mats Hummels and Thomas Mueller
- Terry's Chelsea dilemma if Villa win playoff25 May 2018, 3:30 pm
Controversy has, once again, found John Terry, as the veteran defender prepares for what could be his final match for Aston Villa in the Championship playoff final against Fulham on Saturday. Suggestions that the 37-year-old, out of contract this summer, could sign a 12-month extension at Villa with a clause that exempts him from facing former club Chelsea in the event that they win promotion to the top flight sparked widespread bemusement and derision. Sources have told ESPN FC that the Premier League would resist any such contractual arrangement, but Villa have been angered by what they view as a misrepresentation of what manager Steve Bruce had to say on the matter in a news conference on Thursday.
- Tottenham target trio in summer overhaul25 May 2018, 3:04 pm
Fresh from Mauricio Pochettino and his staff signing new five-year deals at Tottenham Hotspur, multiple reports claim the Argentine coach has lined up a trio of new signings to focus on this summer. According to the Daily Mirror, Pochettino wants to bring in Anthony Martial from Manchester United’s, Fulham’s young star Ryan Sessegnon and Ajax’s teenage defender Matthijs de Ligt this summer. This incomings would be part of a big summer overhaul as Toby Alderweireld could join Man United, while Danny Rose, Mousa Dembele and Fernando Llorente are all said to be available for transfer this summer as Spurs prepare to arrive in their new White Hart Lane stadium.
- Barca's Arthur deal to wait until 201925 May 2018, 1:51 pm
Barcelona-bound midfielder Arthur Melo will not leave before the Brazilian season ends in December, Gremio's president has insisted. In March, Barca agreed a purchase option to acquire Arthur from Gremio this July in a deal which could cost up to €39 million. Despite Barcelona's initial plans to let Arthur stay in Brazil until January 2019, recent reports have suggested the Catalans could attempt to bring him to Camp Nou this summer following Andres Iniesta's transfer to Vissel Kobe and with Andre Gomes expected to be sold. However, Gremio's president Romildo Bolzan Junior says he has not had any contact from the Catalan club about Arthur's immediate services. "There's no chance that Arthur leaves
- Matt Miazga ready to prove himself at Chelsea25 May 2018, 7:00 am
After two years at Vitesse where, after a slow-ish start, he put the left-centre back job on lockdown, Matt Miazga has now mastered the song and dance of the Chelsea loan army. He’s ready to graduate, believing that he can prove himself at Chelsea and win the job at his parent club next season. “I’m confident in my abilities. I’m for sure ready for the next level. I’m a confident player. I know what I can do, I know what I can bring. I just need to control what I can control. Every time I have a chance, every time I have an opportunity to play, try to make an impact, try to impress and play well, and try to win football games.” Three seasons ago Chelsea bought the lanky defender from New YorkRead about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- David Beckham begs Zidane to beat Liverpool in Champions League final26 May 2018, 2:37 am
Former England captain David Beckham has begged ex-Real Madrid team-mate and current manager Zinedine Zidane to beat Liverpool in the Champions League final on Saturday night.
- Raheem Sterling will be watching the Champions League through red-tinted glasses26 May 2018, 2:30 am
Like much of Europe, Raheem Sterling will be glued to the TV on Saturday when Liverpool and Real Madrid battle it out to be crowned Champions League kings.
- Nabil Fekir reveals he 'would be happy' for France team-mates if Real Madrid win26 May 2018, 2:29 am
Sportsmail reported on Thursday that the Reds had stepped up their efforts to sign Fekir from Lyon as they look to capitalise on their thrilling run to the Champions League final.
- Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell hails the club's 'strongest-ever' financial state26 May 2018, 2:27 am
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has claimed the Scottish champions are in their 'strongest-ever' state to cope if they miss out on Champions League income.
- Jurgen Klopp calls for bravery in biggest game of their lives26 May 2018, 2:25 am
CHIEF SPORTS WRITER: Among other talents, Jurgen Klopp has a way with words. English may be his second language but Klopp delivers perfect summations of his teams and what they stand for.
- Mile Jedinak labels Championship play-off final a 'sliding doors' moment26 May 2018, 2:00 am
The midfielder is aware how different the financial landscape will look for the club in the Premier League should they win the £170million match.
- Huge crowds of Brazil fans attempt to see Neymar and co training26 May 2018, 1:51 am
The huge levels of love, pressure and expectation on the Brazil team ahead of the World Cup were laid bare as they trained on Friday. Hundreds of fans gathered outside the complex in Teresopolis.
- Willie Johnston on failing a drug test at the 1978 World Cup finals26 May 2018, 1:44 am
In hindsight, Johnston should have taken the advice of Leopoldo Luque. The year was 1977, the scene a smoke-filled hotel bar in downtown Buenos Aires as Scotland toured South America.
- Fulham could lose Ryan Sessegnon and manager Slavisa Jokanovic if they fail to beat Aston Villa26 May 2018, 1:30 am
The Championship play-off final on Saturday may be billed as the £170million match but for Fulham and owner Shahid Khan, the trip to Wembley is worth much more.
- Auchinleck boss Tommy 'Tucker' Sloan still wants more after 15 years26 May 2018, 1:27 am
The Guardiola of Glenbuck, the Stein of Stevenston, the Ancelotti of Annbank is watching his Auchinleck Talbot side demolish Girvan as it seeks to lay its mark on Ayrshire Junior football.BBC Sport - Football
- 'Some people don't think a black woman should lead Fifa'26 May 2018, 1:02 am
Some people "don't think a black woman should be leading Fifa", says Fatma Samoura - the organisation's first female secretary general.
- Man City prepare £70m Isco bid - Saturday's gossip25 May 2018, 11:52 pm
Man City prepare £70m bid for Isco, Man Utd move for Joao Cancelo, Marseille interested in Marouane Fellaini, plus more.
- Southampton boss Hughes signs new three-year contract25 May 2018, 11:37 pm
Southampton boss Mark Hughes signs a new three-year contract after guiding them to Premier League safety.
- English Football League play-offs: Why you have to win your final25 May 2018, 10:57 pm
Lack of motivation? The pain of failure? BBC Sport looks into why teams on the verge of promotion often struggle the following season.
- Liverpool fans' second Kiev flight cancelled25 May 2018, 10:22 pm
Myriad Travel says the plane through a charter partner does not "have the correct licence to fly".
- 'We are here because we are Liverpool' - Klopp on Champions League final25 May 2018, 7:30 pm
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Champions League final between Real Madrid and Liverpool.
- Ex-England midfielder Lampard among 20 Derby applicants25 May 2018, 7:08 pm
Former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard is among 20 applicants for the vacant Derby County manager's job.
- Arsenal hope to sign Juve's Lichtsteiner25 May 2018, 6:50 pm
Arsenal hope to sign Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner on a free transfer.
- Villa face Fulham in '£280m play-off final'25 May 2018, 4:42 pm
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship play-off final between Aston Villa and Fulham.
- Fred: Man Utd & Man City interested - Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder25 May 2018, 4:39 pm
Shakhtar Donetsk and Brazil midfielder Fred says both Manchester United and Manchester City are interested in signing him.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Family connection: Lakers to work out LiAngelo26 May 2018, 5:24 am
LiAngelo Ball, the second of the Ball brothers, will get a look from the Lakers in a pre-draft workout on Tuesday. He hopes to show the team that he would be a good fit alongside his brother Lonzo.
- 'Overwhelming likelihood' Suns keep top pick26 May 2018, 2:42 am
Phoenix GM Ryan McDonough says there's an 'overwhelming likelihood' the Suns keep the No. 1 pick in June's NBA draft.
- Indiana's all-time wins leader Mallory dies at 8226 May 2018, 12:06 am
Bill Mallory, who coached at Colorado, Northern Illinois and Miami (Ohio) and is Indiana's all-time wins leader, has died at the age of 82.
- Yanks to activate Bird, forcing tough roster call26 May 2018, 12:03 am
The Yankees plan to activate first baseman Greg Bird from the disabled list before Saturday's game against the Angels, forcing the team to make a difficult roster decision.
- Jeter rookie card nets nearly 0K in auction25 May 2018, 11:43 pm
A Derek Jeter rookie card in top condition fetched ,100 at auction, the highest price ever for a modern-day baseball card. The buyer was looking to complete a top grade 1993 set.
- Why the Red Sox parted ways with Hanley Ramirez25 May 2018, 11:05 pm
The Sox will still owe Ramirez about million for the rest of the season, but with the highest payroll in baseball, they can afford mistakes.
- A day at Wentworth: 100-foot putts, Rory and tumbles25 May 2018, 10:54 pm
The action on the course was good. What happened away from it on Day 2 at the BMW PGA Championship was equally entertaining.
- Ashland University signs first Fortnite player25 May 2018, 10:38 pm
Ashland University is offering ,000 scholarships for prospective players of the Epic Games breakout hit and has thousands of applicants.
- Former SIU DE intervened in school shooting25 May 2018, 10:34 pm
Former SIU defensive end Jason Seaman, a middle school science teacher, was shot three times after a student armed with two handguns opened fire Friday.
- Will Harden's Rockets beat Warriors without Chris Paul?25 May 2018, 10:11 pm
With Chris Paul out, the Rockets will have to rely even more on James Harden. But will it be enough?
- Sport24.co.za | Zidane as good a coach as he was a player - Klopp25 May 2018, 9:55 pm
Jurgen Klopp is in no doubt that Zinedine Zidane has shown himself to be as good a coach as he was during a wonderful playing career.
- Sport24.co.za | Brighton sign Romania striker Andone25 May 2018, 9:44 pm
Brighton completed the signing of Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club announced.
- Sport24.co.za | Senegal's president Sall will follow team to SWC25 May 2018, 9:38 pm
Senegal's president Macky Sall will drop the reigns of power for 12 days in June to support the Lions of Teranga at the World Cup in Russia.
- Sport24.co.za | Underdogs Nigeria eye SWC knock-out rounds25 May 2018, 8:45 pm
Nigeria can surpass expectations at the World Cup finals by demonstrating the same fighting spirit and teamwork that got them to Russia.
- Sport24.co.za | European success in Liverpool's DNA - Henderson25 May 2018, 7:52 pm
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson urged his team-mates to take "one more step" to write themselves into the club's storied history.
- Sport24.co.za | Liverpool aim to end Real reign25 May 2018, 4:42 pm
Liverpool and Mohamed Salah hope their brand of attacking football can prevent Real Madrid from becoming kings of Europe for the third year in a row.
- Sport24.co.za | Salah: It would be a 'dream' to win Champions League25 May 2018, 3:04 pm
Liverpool's Mohamed Salah admitted it would be "a dream" to cap a sensational debut season at Anfield by ending Real Madrid's European reign.
- Sport24.co.za | Kekana hails Tau, Ndlovu nominations25 May 2018, 1:30 pm
Mamelodi Sundowns captain Hlompho Kekana believes team-mate Percy Tau and Maritzburg United's Siphesihle Ndlovu deserve their award nominations.
- Sport24.co.za | Absa Prem Goal of the Season shortlist revealed25 May 2018, 1:28 pm
Following a week of voting for the Absa Premiership Goal of the Season, the nine nominees have now been cut to a shortlist of three.
- Sport24.co.za | Mungomeni hangs up his boots25 May 2018, 1:22 pm
Former Mamelodi Sundowns and Bafana Bafana defender Luvhengo Mungomeni has announced his retirement from football having not played since 2015/16.