BBC Sport - Football
- I don't understand why Premier League started so early - Southgate on 'lack of freshness'15 October 2018, 10:41 am
Premier League players have suffered because the competition started "so early" after the World Cup, says England boss Gareth Southgate.
- Luke Shaw: Man Utd defender close to agreeing new contract15 October 2018, 10:37 am
Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw is close to agreeing a new long-term contract with the Premier League club.
- 'I'm not even a professional footballer yet' - Bolt questions drugs test notice15 October 2018, 9:06 am
Usain Bolt questions why he has received a notice for a drugs test from Australia's anti-doping authority, saying he is not yet a professional footballer.
- From the terraces to the dug-out - how have managers fared at the team they support?15 October 2018, 6:46 am
After lifelong fan Dean Smith's appointment by Aston Villa, BBC Sport looks at how other managers fared at the club they support.
- How a message on LinkedIn shaped a World Cup dream15 October 2018, 5:48 am
From the fringes of the Chile squad to World Cup dreams with Palestine - how a message on a social network changed one player's life.
- Can you name the Premier League's top 20 Spanish goalscorers?15 October 2018, 5:38 am
Take on our quiz and see if you can you name the 20 Spanish players who have scored the most Premier League goals?
- Croatia v England - meet the fans who travelled 1,000 miles for behind-closed-doors game15 October 2018, 5:14 am
BBC Sport joins a group of England fans on a road trip to Croatia as they try to see the Nations League game played behind closed doors.
- Koscielny criticises Deschamps as he quits international football14 October 2018, 7:19 pm
France and Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny retires from international duty after criticising manager Didier Deschamps for his treatment while recovering from injury
- Kane could flourish in La Liga, says Spain captain Ramos14 October 2018, 6:57 pm
Spain captain Sergio Ramos believes England counterpart Harry Kane has the ability to succeed in La Liga.
- Portugal condemn Scotland to sixth defeat in eight matches14 October 2018, 5:52 pm
Scotland pay the price for poor defending as they lose at home to Euro 2016 winners Portugal in a friendly.
- Wales' Bale to miss Republic of Ireland match14 October 2018, 3:30 pm
Gareth Bale is out of Wales' Nations League match against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin on Tuesday.
- 'Germany need success very quickly' - Mertesacker on Low's troubles14 October 2018, 1:44 pm
Germany need to success "very quickly" after their group-stage exit from the World Cup in the summer, says ex-player Per Mertesacker.
- Injured Van Dijk to miss Netherlands' game with rib injury14 October 2018, 12:48 pm
Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk to miss the Netherlands' friendly with Belgium on Tuesday with a rib injury.
- Rooney's assist helps DC United move into play-offs positions14 October 2018, 7:17 am
DC United move into the play-off positions for the first time this season with a 1-0 win against FC Dallas, with Wayne Rooney helping to set up their 86th-minute winner.
- Germany 'broke apart' in Nations League loss to Dutch, says Low14 October 2018, 6:41 am
Germany "broke apart" in their 3-0 Nations League defeat by the Netherlands, says boss Joachim Low.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Red Sox don't let Astros get out of their reach15 October 2018, 6:55 am
Boston's hitters came through in key moments, the bullpen dominated and David Price did just enough to help keep the ALCS interesting.
- Price earns first 'team win' as postseason starter15 October 2018, 6:11 am
Following a span in which his teams went 0-10 in his 10 career postseason starts, David Price pitched just well enough to keep the Red Sox in Sunday's ALCS Game 2 -- which they won -- and was given an ovation by the Fenway Park crowd.
- Patriots show championship mettle in wild win over Chiefs15 October 2018, 5:00 am
The Patriots prevailed with a last-second field goal in an impressive back-and-forth contest that had the atmosphere of a playoff game.
- Adapt or die: How Cloud9 turned LoL worlds on its head15 October 2018, 3:04 am
North America's Cloud9 entered the League of Legends World Championship as the third seed, with little hope of advancing out of their group of death. Then something happened in Busan.
- Red Sox LHP Sale hospitalized for stomach illness15 October 2018, 2:51 am
Red Sox starter Chris Sale was admitted to a local hospital Sunday afternoon because of a stomach illness, the team said.
- Week 6 takeaways: Rams stay unbeaten, but NFC stays jumbled15 October 2018, 2:35 am
The Rams' offense looks unstoppable as they move to 6-0, but the rest of the NFC remains up for grabs. NFL Nation looks at Week 6.
- Sanders calls league 'soft' after taunting call15 October 2018, 2:26 am
"I'm having fun. I didn't do anything crazy," Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders said after a taunting penalty affected a potential TD-scoring drive in Sunday's loss to the Rams.
- The biggest injuries of NFL Week 615 October 2018, 2:16 am
The latest on all the big injuries from our NFL Nation reporters, including the prognosis on each player for Week 7 and beyond.
- AFC on notice: Chargers set up to be legitimate threats15 October 2018, 1:31 am
The Chargers have avoided their annual slow start, and with a soft schedule ahead, competitors had better watch their backs.
- Gold Rush: Gurley gets career-best 208 yards15 October 2018, 1:21 am
Todd Gurley had a day against the Broncos, as the Rams star set a career mark with 208 rushing yards en route to two touchdowns and a win.
- Aric Almirola, Stewart-Haas Racing send foes into catch-up mode15 October 2018, 12:29 am
How superior did the four Stewart-Haas Racing cars, including that of winner Aric Almirola, appear at Talladega on Sunday? "It wasn't even a race," said Martin Truex Jr. of Furniture Row Racing.
- Warriors want another Oakland title before move14 October 2018, 11:51 pm
Klay Thompson doesn't want the Golden State Warriors to move to San Francisco without winning one more title in Oakland.
- Power Rankings: Can anyone challenge Alabama?14 October 2018, 9:16 pm
A wild Week 7 scrambles the top 10, but the Tide remain in their familiar No. 1 spot.
- Bowl projections after Week 714 October 2018, 9:15 pm
A chaotic Week 7 has shuffled our bowl projections, resulting in plenty of new possible matchups.
- Ohio St. up to No. 2 in poll, LSU jumps to No. 514 October 2018, 7:50 pm
The AP poll has a new look behind No. 1 Alabama, with Ohio State reaching No. 2, LSU jumping back to No. 5 and Michigan moving into the top 10 for the first time this season.