BBC Sport - Football
- Jose Mourinho sacked: Man Utd need to 'reset structure' - Gary Neville18 December 2018, 12:48 pm
Manchester United need to "reset" and "take stock" after the sacking of Jose Mourinho, says former captain Gary Neville.
- Chelsea: Uefa to investigate alleged racist incidents during Vidi game18 December 2018, 12:20 pm
Uefa is to investigate the "alleged racist incidents" during Chelsea's Europa League game at MOL Vidi.
- Jose Mourinho sacked: 'Caption this', 'Do one' and other reaction to the news18 December 2018, 12:16 pm
After Manchester United sacked manager Jose Mourinho, United fans around the world have been sharing their reactions on social media.
- Jose Mourinho: Manchester United sack manager18 December 2018, 11:53 am
Manchester United sack manager Jose Mourinho after no progress despite spending £400m on 11 players.
- Jose Mourinho sacked: Zidane, Simeone, Pochettino? Who could replace the Portuguese?18 December 2018, 10:34 am
Man Utd fans voice their opinions on who they would like to replace Jose Mourinho, with the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Diego Simeone and Mauricio Pochettino all cropping up.
- Michael Robinson: Ex-Liverpool player and TV presenter has cancer18 December 2018, 9:22 am
Former Liverpool striker Michael Robinson, now one of Spain's most recognisable sports broadcasters, has skin cancer.
- Chelsea alleged abuse: Police investigate historic 'assault'18 December 2018, 8:26 am
Police are investigating allegations of an assault on a former Chelsea player.
- Kevin de Bruyne: Man City midfielder insists he was 'not tired' at the start of the season18 December 2018, 7:33 am
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne rebuffs manager Pep Guardiola's claims he had started the season "tired".
- Club World Cup: All you need to know about the tournament18 December 2018, 6:51 am
Real Madrid will be looking to win the Club World Cup for the third time in a row in the UAE.
- Kolkata derby: Inside the East Bengal v Mohun Bagan rivalry17 December 2018, 11:47 pm
Fans travel thousands of miles, millions watch on TV and it's been played more times than Liverpool v Everton - welcome to the Kolkata derby.
- FA Cup second-round replay: Connor Jennings scores long-range volley to give Tranmere lead over Southport17 December 2018, 8:12 pm
Connor Jennings scores a stunning long-range volley from outside the area to give Tranmere an early lead against Southport in their FA Cup second-round replay.
- Anthony Martial: Man Utd extend deal for France forward17 December 2018, 8:12 pm
Manchester United trigger the option of a year's extension on the contract of forward Anthony Martial, keeping him at Old Trafford until 2020.
- Champions League draw: Liverpool v Bayern Munich, Man Utd v Paris St-Germain17 December 2018, 12:31 pm
Liverpool are drawn against German giants Bayern Munich in the Champions League last 16, while Manchester United face Paris St-Germain.
- Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd: Jose Mourinho says Klopp's team were 'stronger, better, faster'16 December 2018, 7:20 pm
Watch Jose Mourinho's last interview as Manchester United manager as the club announce his departure in his third year at Old Trafford.
- Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd: Jurgen Klopp praises 'aggressive' & 'brave' Reds16 December 2018, 7:10 pm
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp praises his side's "brilliant" 3-1 victory against Man Utd at Anfield, describing the Reds' performance as "aggressive" and "brave".Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- How good is J.T. Realmuto and who needs him most?18 December 2018, 12:47 pm
As rumors swirl about potential blockbuster deals for Miami's All-Star catcher, we examine how excited you should be if your team is in the Realmuto mix.
- Kings' Joerger: 'No veiled shots' in Doncic praise18 December 2018, 12:07 pm
Kings coach Dave Joerger insisted Monday that his lofty praise of Mavericks rookie Luka Doncic wasn't intended as a slight at his team's front office and declared that Marvin Bagley III was "the right guy for us" to select with the No. 2 overall pick.
- Pogba quickly deletes reaction to Mourinho's sacking18 December 2018, 12:04 pm
Man United's decision to sack Jose Mourinho probably went down well with Paul Pogba, who briefly took to social media to make his thoughts known.
- Mourinho sacked as Man United manager18 December 2018, 12:00 pm
Manchester United have sacked Jose Mourinho after Sunday's defeat at Liverpool left the club 11 points adrift of the Premier League top four.
- Harden on uncalled travel: Won't 'tell on myself'18 December 2018, 6:04 am
A missed travel in the final minute Monday night led to James Harden getting three free throws in a one-possession game -- and eventual Houston win -- but the Rockets superstar wasn't about to "tell on" himself.
- Thunder rout of Bulls punctuated by heated tussle18 December 2018, 6:04 am
A heated squabble between the Thunder and visiting Bulls spilled into the front row of courtside seats in the third quarter before being broken up in time to quell any serious conflict. It resulted in four technicals but no ejections.
- Payton, Brees now No. 2 coach/QB duo in wins18 December 2018, 5:05 am
Sean Payton and Drew Brees won their 117th regular-season game together Monday night, passing Don Shula and Dan Marino for second place among coach/QB combos during the Super Bowl era.
- NFL playoff picture: Saints one win away from clinching top seed18 December 2018, 4:55 am
If the regular season ended right now, here's how the top six teams would look in each conference, plus clinching scenarios.
- The state of the starting pitching market18 December 2018, 4:31 am
A look at who is still available in free agency, who could be involved in a trade, and the teams that could use a rotation upgrade.
- Sources: Georgia QB Fields exploring transfer18 December 2018, 1:53 am
Georgia freshman quarterback Justin Fields is exploring the possibility of transferring to another school, but he hasn't yet told the Bulldogs' coaching staff that he's leaving, sources told ESPN on Monday.
- Reports: Astros reach 2-year deal with Brantley18 December 2018, 12:32 am
Michael Brantley adds a needed left-handed presence to the middle of the Astros' lineup, which is heavily right-handed with key cogs Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman, Carlos Correa and George Springer.
- Free-agent finds for Week 1617 December 2018, 10:31 pm
Need to head to the waiver wire ahead of your fantasy football championship? Here are the top options available in most leagues.
- Here's the Flyers' plan for success17 December 2018, 7:56 pm
After firing head coach Dave Hakstol, here are seven steps the Flyers can take to get back on track.
- Who's next for Canelo? The choice is obvious17 December 2018, 6:50 pm
Canelo Alvarez's one-sided knockout of Rocky Fielding on Saturday night was the mismatch everyone expected it to be. Now it's time for the Mexican to get back to real fights, and Daniel Jacobs would be an excellent next opponent.
- The tennis coaching business is booming, but it's never been more chaotic17 December 2018, 4:57 pm
Want to be a tennis coach? There's plenty of opportunity on tour, but it comes with a caveat: It's not the most stable business.