BBC Sport - Football
- Transfer rumours: Dembele, Jovic, Brewster, Maitland-Niles1 October 2020, 6:22 am
Manchester United open talks with Barcelona about a loan move for Dembele, Liverpool accept Sheffield United bid for Brewster, plus more.
- Tottenham close to loan deal for Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius30 September 2020, 10:10 pm
Tottenham are closing in on a season-long loan deal for Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius.
- Allan: Everton wait on extent of injury suffered by midfielder30 September 2020, 9:58 pm
Everton hope to discover on Thursday the extent of the injury suffered by midfielder Allan during their Carabao Cup win over West Ham.
- When are Champions League and Europa League draws?30 September 2020, 9:58 pm
Teams will discover their European fate when the Champions League draw takes place on Thursday and the Europa League draw a day later.
- Everton 4-1 West Ham United: Dominic Calvert-Lewin's hat-trick sees the hosts advance into the last eight30 September 2020, 9:47 pm
Dominic Calvert-Lewin scores his second hat-trick of the season as Everton book their place in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.
- Premier League set to formally lobby football's rule makers Ifab over handball rule30 September 2020, 9:32 pm
The Premier League is prepared to formally lobby football's rule-makers for a change in the handball law.
- Brighton 0-3 Man Utd: Paul Pogba strikes as United reach Carabao Cup quarters30 September 2020, 9:29 pm
Manchester United beat Brighton for the second time in four days, with Paul Pogba scoring a free-kick to help seal their progress to the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.
- Real Madrid 1-0 Real Valladolid: Vinicius Junior scores winner for champions30 September 2020, 9:27 pm
Substitute Vinicius Junior scores as defending champions Real Madrid beat Real Valladolid to continue their unbeaten start to the season.
- Burnley 0-3 Manchester City: Raheem Sterling scores twice in Carabao Cup30 September 2020, 9:16 pm
Raheem Sterling's first Manchester City goals of the season help the holders reach the Carabao Cup quarter-finals with a 3-0 win over Burnley.
- Bibiana Steinhaus: Referee retires after Super Cup win for Bayern30 September 2020, 8:57 pm
Referee Bibiana Steinhaus oversees her final match - Bayern Munich's win over Borussia Dortmund in the Super Cup.
- Benevento 2-5 Inter Milan: Romelu Lukaku scores twice in big win30 September 2020, 6:04 pm
Romelu Lukaku scores twice as Inter Milan maintain their 100% start to the season by thrashing Benevento.
- Tottenham Hotspur v Maccabi Haifa30 September 2020, 4:48 pm
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho says "it is possible" Dele Alli will play in Thursday's Europa League qualifying play-off against Maccabi Haifa.
- Why are Manchester United finding it so hard to sign players?30 September 2020, 3:23 pm
With Gary Neville weighing in on the situation, Simon Stone looks at why Manchester United are finding it so hard to sign new players.
- Ross Barkley: Aston Villa sign Chelsea & England midfielder on season-long loan30 September 2020, 10:37 am
Aston Villa sign England midfielder Ross Barkley from Chelsea on a season-long loan.
- Leicester City's Alves shows off his fast feet in Wonderkids30 September 2020, 6:36 am
In the third episode of our Wonderkids challenge, 15-year-old Leicester City academy star Will Alves shows off his fast feet and freestyle moves in three skill-based challenges.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Everything we learned about the Lakers-Heat Finals in Game 11 October 2020, 7:26 am
The Lakers blew out the injury-riddled Heat in Game 1. Here's what it means for the rest of the series.
- Wild Card Wednesday Takeaways: Yankees outlast Indians; Astros, Rays sweep1 October 2020, 7:16 am
New York knocked out Cleveland in a wild one, while Atlanta won in style. Here's the info on this week's frenzy.
- Why Yankees-Rays ALDS could be the series of the MLB playoffs1 October 2020, 7:16 am
Elite pitching. Power bats. And a history of bad blood. Here's why two AL East rivals facing off with an ALCS spot on the line will be a must-see event.
- What was Barack Obama saying to the virtual fans during Game 1?1 October 2020, 7:07 am
The 44th President of the United States was in "attendance" for the NBA Finals.
- How the NFL is manipulating games in 20201 October 2020, 6:16 am
Officials have loosened the standard for offensive holding penalties, leaving scoring up and making games quicker.
- Heat's Dragic, Adebayo exit with injuries in loss1 October 2020, 6:06 am
The Heat's Goran Dragic (left foot) and Bam Adebayo (shoulder) were injured in Wednesday's loss to the Lakers in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
- Marlins' Marte day-to-day with broken left hand1 October 2020, 6:06 am
Marlins outfielder Starling Marte suffered a broken left hand when he was hit by a pitch in the ninth inning of Wednesday's victory over the Chicago Cubs in the NL Wild Card Series opener.
- QB Carr: Maskless Raiders 'slipped up' at event1 October 2020, 6:06 am
Quarterback Derek Carr said Raiders players "weren't trying to be careless or reckless" when they removed their masks at a charity event Monday night.
- USL team forfeits in protest alleging anti-gay slur1 October 2020, 6:06 am
The San Diego Loyal walked off the field in protest Wednesday night, saying a Phoenix Rising player directed an anti-gay slur at one of their players during their USL Championship league match.
- Sources: Rivers, 76ers to discuss coaching job1 October 2020, 6:06 am
The Sixers will meet with former Clippers coach Doc Rivers in Philadelphia about the franchise's head-coaching job, sources said.
- UFC formally offers McGregor bout vs. Poirier1 October 2020, 6:06 am
The UFC has formally offered Conor McGregor a non-title lightweight bout against Dustin Poirier, UFC president Dana White told Barstool Sports. Additional sources confirmed to ESPN that McGregor has been sent a physical contract.
- Biggest injury questions for every team: What's next for Michael Thomas, George Kittle and others1 October 2020, 5:38 am
Thomas and Kittle could be nearing a return but the status of others like Julio Jones is still unclear. NFL Nation reporters have the latest updates.
- The storylines and stats that matter ahead of Seattle Storm-Las Vegas Aces1 October 2020, 5:33 am
Does the Aces' 2-0 mark this season vs. the Storm matter? Seattle seeks its fourth title; Las Vegas is after its first.
- What went wrong for Doc Rivers and the Clippers1 October 2020, 5:26 am
Doc Rivers thought the Clippers needed more time, but Steve Ballmer wondered if they needed a new voice.
- Chris Bosh watches Game 1 with LeBron, Heat on the mind1 October 2020, 5:22 am
As Chris Bosh watches his former teammate and team duel for this year's title, he roots them on and laments what might have been.