BBC Sport - Football
- Brighton 1-3 Liverpool: Premier League champions win again as Mohamed Salah scores two8 July 2020, 9:25 pm
Liverpool continue their relentless pursuit of a Premier League points record with victory over Brighton at The Amex Stadium.
- West Ham 0-1 Burnley: My team showed an abundance of heart - Sean Dyche8 July 2020, 8:43 pm
Burnley boss Sean Dyche praises the attitude his players showed, despite missing key players, as they won 1-0 at West Ham.
- West Ham United 0-1 Burnley: Jay Rodriguez scores winner as hosts rue missed chances8 July 2020, 8:36 pm
Jay Rodriguez's winner edges Burnley closer to a Europa League spot as relegation-threatened West Ham rue a missed chances.
- West Ham 0-1 Burnley: Missed chances are frustrating - David Moyes8 July 2020, 8:33 pm
West Ham manager David Moyes rues the chances his side missed in their 1-0 loss to Burnley.
- Sheffield United 1-0 Wolves: Wolves need to bounce back from late defeat - Nuno8 July 2020, 8:27 pm
Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo admits conceding a goal in stoppage time to lose 1-0 at Sheffield United is tough to take, but says his players must "bounce back".
- Sheffield United 1-0 Wolves: John Egan scores injury-time winner8 July 2020, 8:22 pm
John Egan scores with a dramatic 93rd-minute header to give Europe-chasing Sheffield United victory over Wolves at Bramall Lane.
- Sheffield United 1-0 Wolves: Nobody is talking about Europe - Chris Wilder8 July 2020, 8:20 pm
Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says nobody at the club is talking about qualifying for European football next season, after the Blades' late 1-0 win over Wolves.
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle: Man City were far too good for Newcastle - Steve Bruce8 July 2020, 8:15 pm
Newcastle boss Steve Bruce admits it was "painful" watching his side get thrashed 5-0 by Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle: Man City will miss 'huge competitor' Silva - Pep Guardiola8 July 2020, 8:07 pm
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says David Silva is a "huge competitor", after the soon to depart midfielder scored and assisted in a 5-0 win over Newcastle.
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle: Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez, David Silva, Raheem Sterling score8 July 2020, 7:32 pm
Manchester City return to winning ways in the Premier League by thrashing hapless Newcastle at Etihad Stadium.
- Patric: Lazio's Spanish defender receives four-match ban and fine for biting8 July 2020, 7:26 pm
Lazio defender Patric receives a four-match ban and is fined 10,000 euros (£8,985) for biting Lecce's Giulio Donati.
- Man Utd can’t rely on help from anyone else - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer8 July 2020, 1:37 pm
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he expects that his team will need to win their five remaining games to qualify for next season's Champions League.
- Eric Dier: Tottenham midfielder given four-match ban for confronting fan8 July 2020, 12:41 pm
Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier is given a four-match ban and fined £40,000 for climbing over seats to confront a fan after a match.
- Transfer rumours: Traore, Havertz, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Neymar8 July 2020, 6:33 am
Man City and Juventus want Adama Traore, Barcelona keen on part-exchange for Tottenham duo, clubs put off by Havertz fee, plus more.
- Barcelona: Why manager Quique Setien's time is running out8 July 2020, 6:14 am
Barcelona boss Quique Setien's future is uncertain after just 19 matches - Spanish football expert Andy West takes a look at why.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Why LeBron's Heat won only two NBA titles8 July 2020, 10:21 pm
Here's the question for LeBron's Miami Heat teams: Were they a success or not?
- Amazon to pull Redskins merchandise from site8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
Amazon will pull Redskins merchandise for sale while the team reviews its nickname, becoming the latest company to make such a move.
- Stephen Jackson: DeSean 'speaking the truth'8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
Stephen Jackson came to DeSean Jackson's defense on Tuesday night, saying in an Instagram video that the Eagles wide receiver was "speaking the truth" with his social media posts that included anti-Semitic messages.
- Spurs' Mills giving salary to BLM, other causes8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
Spurs guard Patty Mills has decided to donate the rest of his 2019-20 salary to social justice organizations when the season resumes.
- Toledo DL Jahneil Douglas dies after being shot8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
Jahneil Douglas, a 22-year-old defensive lineman for the University of Toledo, was shot and killed late Tuesday night.
- 'Equality' most dominant message for NBA jerseys8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
"Equality" is the most popular social justice message players have chosen to use on the back of their NBA jerseys so far during the league's upcoming re-start, NBPA executive director Michele Roberts told ESPN on Wednesday. "Black Lives Matter" is second.
- Stanford to eliminate 11 of 36 varsity programs8 July 2020, 10:09 pm
Stanford will eliminate 11 of its varsity athletic programs at the end of this upcoming academic year as it deals with financial ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic.
- A true-crime drama 50 years in the making8 July 2020, 8:55 pm
A car careened onto a baseball field in Sanford, Maine, during a Babe Ruth game in 2018, revealing a deadly secret that had been hidden for five decades. Watch "The Hero of Goodall Park" at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, July 7, on ESPN.
- Fantasy football sleepers, busts, breakouts for 20208 July 2020, 7:31 pm
Surprise performers, disappointments and those who will take their game to another level.
- Kaepernick, Disney announce partnership deal8 July 2020, 7:16 pm
Colin Kaepernick will be featured in an exclusive docuseries produced by ESPN Films as part of a first-look deal with The Walt Disney Co. The deal between Kaepernick's production arm, Ra Vision Media, and Disney was announced Monday.
- Blackhawks will continue to use team nickname8 July 2020, 7:16 pm
Chicago will continue to use its team name because it honors "an important and historic person, Black Hawk of Illinois' Sac & Fox Nation."
- Quiet, please? Why a fan-less Ryder Cup never made any sense8 July 2020, 7:12 pm
A silent Ryder Cup just wouldn't work. The players wanted no part of it, either, and have been saying so for months. Waiting a year and hoping the gates will be open again in 2021 was the only choice.
- Barnwell: Making sense of the Mahomes megadeal, and why it's not quite as it seems8 July 2020, 6:31 pm
The chances are low that Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes plays out this contract through 2031. Here's why, plus what it means for other QBs.
- MLS is Back ready for kickoff despite FC Dallas' exit8 July 2020, 6:24 pm
Tensions ran high given Dallas' withdrawal, but attention is turning to the start of competition.
- MLS is Back Tournament viewer's guide: The matches, players and stories you won't want to miss8 July 2020, 6:24 pm
Four months after shutting down, MLS is back, and ESPN details the five games you can't afford to miss.