BBC Sport - Football
- In Real Life: 'Aggressive', 'late', 'showboats' - typical 5-a-side players26 September 2018, 7:29 am
We look at some of the typical 5-a-side football players who step out onto the pitch every week.
- Declan Rice: West Ham hope to agree new deal with teenager26 September 2018, 7:11 am
West Ham hope to agree a new long-term deal with teenager Declan Rice by the end of the year.
- 'Migrants working on construction of new city before 2022 World Cup left unpaid'26 September 2018, 6:34 am
Dozens of migrants working on the city hosting the final of the 2022 Qatar World Cup have been unpaid for months, Amnesty International said.
- When Steven Gerrard's 'old man' costume fooled everyone26 September 2018, 5:18 am
In his latest BBC Radio 5 live podcast, Peter Crouch reminisces about a Liverpool fancy-dress Christmas party.
- Mourinho 'at war with his players' - Keown25 September 2018, 10:51 pm
Martin Keown says that Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho "seems to be at war with his players" after the Carabao Cup defeat at home to Derby.
- Elliott, 15, makes debut as Fulham beat Millwall25 September 2018, 10:49 pm
Harvey Elliott, 15, becomes Fulham's youngest player as they beat Millwall in the Carabao Cup, having had a school exam earlier in the day.
- Derby beat Man Utd 8-7 in penalty shootout25 September 2018, 10:33 pm
Derby beat Manchester United 8-7 in a dramatic penalty shootout at Old Trafford to reach the Carabao Cup fourth round.
- 'No fallout, no problem' - but Mourinho tells Pogba he will not captain Man Utd again25 September 2018, 10:29 pm
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says he has "no problem" with Paul Pogba despite telling the midfielder he will not captain the club again.
- Atletico Madrid brush past struggling Huesca with 3-0 win25 September 2018, 10:09 pm
Atletico Madrid beat minnows Huesca 3-0 in La Liga thanks to three first-half goals.
- Oxford United 0-3 Manchester City: Carabao Cup holders see off League One strugglers25 September 2018, 10:05 pm
Teenager Phil Foden scores his first Manchester City goal and is compared to Andres Iniesta as they beat Oxford United in the Carabao Cup third round.
- Mauricio Pochettino: I'll help finish construction of new stadium, says Spurs boss25 September 2018, 9:43 pm
Manager Mauricio Pochettino says he is confident Tottenham's new stadium will be ready this year and joked he would help finish its construction.
- Bayern Munich 1-1 Augsburg: Late Felix Gotze goal denies champions25 September 2018, 9:36 pm
Felix Gotze's late equaliser against his former club earns Augsburg a Bundesliga point at Bayern Munich.
- Swiss suspected Chelsea owner Abramovich to be a ‘threat’25 September 2018, 7:59 pm
Swiss police reportedly suspected the Russian, who denies wrongdoing, of involvement with criminality.
- Fifa agrees to limit number of players clubs can loan out25 September 2018, 5:15 pm
Fifa agrees to limit the number of players a club can loan out each season to prevent stockpiling talent for "commercial exploitation".
- Mignolet to start as Liverpool rest Alisson v Chelsea25 September 2018, 2:47 pm
Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's EFL Cup game between Liverpool and Chelsea.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Astros reach 100 wins, close out AL West title26 September 2018, 9:23 am
The Astros reached 100 wins for the second straight season, beating the Blue Jays 4-1 Tuesday night behind Alex Bregman's two-run homer. Houston was assured of its second straight AL West title hours later when Oakland lost at Seattle.
- White: Diaz-Poirier 165-pound title not happening26 September 2018, 7:13 am
While Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier took to social media to announce they'd be fighting for an inaugural 165-pound championship at UFC 230, Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that there is "absolutely no truth" to their tweets.
- NL playoff races continue to tighten26 September 2018, 6:57 am
Dial 'D' for final-week drama, because the NL Central, West and wild-card races could go to any of the five teams chasing four playoff spots.
- Scherzer joins elite company with 300th strikeout26 September 2018, 2:47 am
Nationals ace Max Scherzer recorded his 300th strikeout of the season Tuesday night, becoming the 17th pitcher since 1900 and the fifth since 2000 to reach the milestone.
- Demoted Clemson QB Bryant misses practice26 September 2018, 2:42 am
Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant did not attend practice Tuesday. It's his second missed practice, as coach Dabo Swinney excused him from Monday's practice to process his demotion from starter to backup.
- NHL mascot rankings: Gritty's big debut26 September 2018, 2:34 am
The Flyers' first mascot since the 1970s broke the internet on Monday. Find out where he lands among every team's plush personnel.
- Mourinho's show of strength undermined by Derby defeat26 September 2018, 1:20 am
He was backed by his board and told Paul Pogba who was boss, but fans only saw a manager and star player at odds, followed by an embarrassing loss.
- Angels' Ohtani opts to get Tommy John surgery26 September 2018, 12:14 am
Angels two-way star Shohei Ohtani will undergo Tommy John surgery when the offseason starts, the team announced Tuesday.
- Walton sets tone as LeBron, Lakers hit the court25 September 2018, 11:37 pm
LeBron James had "a great first practice" under coach Luke Walton and the Lakers, using the session to focus entirely on the defensive side of the ball.
- Former Raiders LB, 26, in coma after aneurysm25 September 2018, 11:35 pm
Neiron Ball, who overcame a congenital condition in which the brain's blood vessels get tangled and rupture to reach the NFL, is in a medically induced coma after a brain aneurysm ruptured.
- Michael Collins is in France ... what could go wrong?!25 September 2018, 6:10 pm
Golf mania shifts to Ryder Cup in France, and our own Michael Collins is taking it all in. Ready to take a ride along with America's Caddie?
- Don't let anyone tell you otherwise: Laver Cup is serious business25 September 2018, 5:30 pm
It's as competitive as Ryder Cup and as fun as an all-star game. Laver Cup has become can't-miss tennis.
- Fantasy football Week 4 rankings25 September 2018, 4:43 pm
Fantasy football rankings from Matthew Berry, Field Yates, Mike Clay, Eric Karabell, Stephania Bell and Tristan H. Cockcroft for Week 4.
- Craven: What can we expect from the roval at Charlotte?25 September 2018, 4:15 pm
Drivers can expect to walk the tightrope in Charlotte for Sunday's Cup race, says the veteran driver who knows a thing or two about both ovals and road courses.
- Fantasy intel for all 32 NFL teams ahead of Week 425 September 2018, 4:10 pm
From Deshaun Watson's upside to the 49ers without Jimmy Garoppolo, Mike Clay has the info you need to make fantasy football decisions in Week 4.