BBC Sport - Football
- Leicester: Why Foxes are Premier League contenders - Darren Fletcher analysis9 December 2019, 11:49 am
Darren Fletcher explains how Leicester's tactical versatility is one of the reasons they can push Liverpool all the way at the top of the Premier League.
- Russia banned for four years to include 2020 Olympics and 2022 World Cup9 December 2019, 11:26 am
Russia is handed a four-year ban from all major sporting events - including the Tokyo 2020 Olympics - by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- England to play Italy in friendly at Wembley in March9 December 2019, 10:29 am
England will play a friendly against Italy at Wembley on 27 March as part of their preparations for Euro 2020.
- Mark Milligan: Australia captain retires from international football9 December 2019, 10:14 am
Australia captain Mark Milligan retires from international football after 80 caps in 13-and-a-half years.
- Naby Keita: Jurgen Klopp 'never doubted' Liverpool midfielder8 December 2019, 10:32 pm
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says he never doubted midfielder Naby Keita, who returned and scored in Saturday's 3-0 win at Bournemouth.
- Pep Guardiola: 'Man City might not be able to compete with top teams'8 December 2019, 10:31 pm
Pep Guardiola says Manchester City "might not be able to compete" with the best teams in Europe and have to "accept that reality".
- Everton investigating reports of alleged homophobic chanting in Chelsea game8 December 2019, 9:44 pm
Everton are investigating claims of homophobic chanting during Saturday's Premier League game against Chelsea.
- Garth Crooks' team of the week: De Gea, Lindelof, Baldock, Son, Rashford, Kane8 December 2019, 9:29 pm
Who played like they were George Best and who scored as good a goal as the President of Liberia ever did? Find out in Garth Crooks' team of the week.
- Rangers: Steven Gerrard says 'big moments' went against side in League Cup final loss to Celtic8 December 2019, 8:26 pm
Rangers were made to rue "big moments" going against them in their Scottish League Cup final defeat by Celtic, says manager Steven Gerrard.
- Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Nuno Espirito Santo 'proud' after 'tough' draw8 December 2019, 7:10 pm
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is "very proud" after his side stretch their unbeaten run in the Premier League to 11 games with a 2-2 draw at Brighton.
- Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Potter 'proud' with hard-fought point8 December 2019, 7:06 pm
Brighton manager Graham Potter praises the "character" shown by his players after they earned a 2-2 draw against in-form Wolves.
- Rangers 0-1 Celtic: Neil Lennon hails 'amazing' 10-man cup winners8 December 2019, 6:40 pm
Celtic are "fortunate" to survive a Rangers onslaught and lift the League Cup admits manager Neil Lennon after his 10-men side win 1-0 at Hampden.
- Brendan Rodgers 'happy' for Leicester to be left out of title race chat8 December 2019, 6:35 pm
Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers says he is happy for his side to be left out of the Premier League title conversation despite sitting second in the table.
- Newcastle 2-1 Southampton: Saints didn't deserve to lose - Ralph Hasenhuttl8 December 2019, 5:37 pm
Ralph Hasenhuttl says his Southampton team did not deserve to lose after their 2-1 defeat at Newcastle, who he accuses of relying on "long balls".
- Newcastle 2-1 Southampton: Steve Bruce pleased with Magpies 'spirit'8 December 2019, 5:36 pm
Newcastle head coach Steve Bruce says his side "stuck at it" to come from behind to beat Southampton 2-1 at St James' Park.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- WADA imposes four-year ban on Russia9 December 2019, 10:56 am
The World Anti-Doping Agency has imposed a four-year ban on Russia using its flag, anthem and team names at Olympic and sports events.
- Melo says after Rockets exit, he warned CP39 December 2019, 8:25 am
Carmelo Anthony said he wasn't surprised by the way Chris Paul's deal to Oklahoma City was handled by the Rockets and, in fact, he told his good friend to "just be careful" in the wake of his own departure from Houston.
- Davis: Lakers trio encouraged thrust toward 509 December 2019, 7:33 am
Anthony Davis said he was "constantly reminded" Sunday night by teammates Avery Bradley, DeMarcus Cousins and Rajon Rondo that he should go for the 50-point mark.
- Stanford beats UNC in shootout to take College Cup9 December 2019, 6:04 am
Stanford won the not-so-pretty NCAA women's soccer title on penalty kicks after the Cardinal and North Carolina played to the first 0-0 tie in College Cup history.
- LaMelo Ball to miss four weeks in Australian league9 December 2019, 5:25 am
LaMelo Ball suffered a bruised foot in practice last week and will miss about a month, sources say.
- Week 14 highs and lows: Drew Brees' big day9 December 2019, 5:20 am
Drew Brees' massive game highlights the Week 14 fantasy football takeaways from Matt Bowen and Tristan H. Cockcroft.
- Playoff picture: Chiefs, Ravens clinch spots in AFC, 49ers jump in NFC9 December 2019, 4:27 am
The Chiefs and Ravens secured playoff berths in Week 14. Here's how the current postseason bracket looks and what scenarios lie ahead.
- Ohio State, Maryland keep Big Ten relevant9 December 2019, 4:10 am
Louisville of the ACC remains No. 1, but the Big Ten is well represented even without preseason favorite Michigan State.
- Derby defeat suggests Man City dominance might be ending9 December 2019, 3:12 am
Against Man United, Man City looked old and slow. Is its derby defeat the beginning of the end of its dominance?
- Weekend review: Rashford could be an icon for Man United9 December 2019, 3:11 am
As long as Marcus Rashford is around, United have a chance. PLUS: Bournemouth are officially in trouble. It's ESPN's Premier League weekend review.
- The ESPN Daily: Playbook on the field, the CFP committee gets it right, and ghosting your own team9 December 2019, 2:57 am
A daily rundown of the top stories in sports.
- So what do we know about UConn so far this season?9 December 2019, 2:40 am
UConn is 8-0 and undefeated. And on Sunday, junior Megan Walker showed the rest of the country she might be ready to be the next great UConn player.
- NFL takeaways: What's next for the Saints, Bills after crushing losses9 December 2019, 2:11 am
San Francisco topped New Orleans in a 94-point battle, while Baltimore edged Buffalo to clinch a playoff berth.
- Catcher Simmons, ex-exec Miller elected to HOF9 December 2019, 1:57 am
Marvin Miller, the union leader who revolutionized baseball by empowering players to negotiate multimillion-dollar contracts, was elected to baseball's Hall of Fame on Sunday along with former Cardinals catcher Ted Simmons.
- Pats' home streak ends at 21 as rally falls short9 December 2019, 1:19 am
The Patriots had their 21-game home winning streak (including playoffs) snapped on Sunday with a loss to the Chiefs. The loss included two questionable calls from the officiating crew that went against New England.