- Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to secure Paul Pogba's long-term future at the club - BBC Sport8 July 2020, 9:44 pm
Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to secure Paul Pogba's long-term future at the club BBC SportSOLSKJAER'S Top 5 Man Utd Transfer Targets! The United StandPaul Pogba willing to make sensational U-turn on signing a new deal at Manchester United Daily MailManchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer addresses Nathan Ake 'transfer' chat Manchester Evening NewsMan Utd reaping benefits of Joel Glazer overruling Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in transfer market Mirror OnlineView Full coverage on Google News
- The type of Manchester United transfer targets Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has asked Ed Woodward to sign - Manchester Evening News8 July 2020, 9:30 pm
The type of Manchester United transfer targets Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has asked Ed Woodward to sign Manchester Evening NewsJack Grealish: Manchester United must be 'aware' of Aston Villa captain, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Sky SportsTRAINING | Hard work continues as Reds prepare for trip to Villa | Manchester United Manchester UnitedManchester United news and transfers RECAP Jadon Sancho to Man Utd latest as Neymar transfer 'offered' Manchester Evening NewsPaul Pogba: Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopeful midfielder will sign new contract Sky SportsView Full coverage on Google News
- Comedy clubs get serious with plea for emergency arts funding - BBC News8 July 2020, 9:01 pm
Comedy clubs get serious with plea for emergency arts funding BBC NewsView Full coverage on Google News
- Depp branded 'violent little boy' by Amber Heard as court sees evidence of his lifestyle - Sky News8 July 2020, 8:38 pm
Depp branded 'violent little boy' by Amber Heard as court sees evidence of his lifestyle Sky NewsJohnny Depp denies slapping ex-wife for laughing at his tattoo BBC NewsEx Sun Journalist Reacts To The Johnny Depp Trial | This Morning This MorningJohnny Depp's libel trial is shown a picture of his pillbox and mountain of drugs and alcohol Daily MailUS actor denies physically assaulting his ex-wife TRT WorldView Full coverage on Google News
- US surpasses three million coronavirus cases - BBC News8 July 2020, 8:26 pm
US surpasses three million coronavirus cases BBC NewsTrump threatens to withhold bn of funding if school systems don't open The IndependentDonald Trump says 'we ARE in a culture war' as his campaign discusses having statutes at rallies Daily MailTrump's Mount Rushmore speech was a grim preview of his re-election strategy The GuardianWhy Trump is right and wrong about America Al Jazeera EnglishView Full coverage on Google News
- West Dulwich murder probe after man stabbed to death - BBC News8 July 2020, 8:20 pm
West Dulwich murder probe after man stabbed to death BBC NewsMurder probe is launched after 18-year-old man stabbed in a south London street Daily MailDulwich stabbing: Teen killed in broad daylight knife attack as murder probe launched Mirror OnlineTeenager stabbed to death in south London Metro.co.ukWest Dulwich murder: Updates after teenager stabbed to death MyLondonView Full coverage on Google News
- Mass unemployment feared despite Rishi Sunak's 'plan for jobs' - The Guardian8 July 2020, 8:05 pm
Mass unemployment feared despite Rishi Sunak's 'plan for jobs' The GuardianReaction as Rishi Sunak announces job retention plan BBC NewsMini-Budget: 5 things you need to know from Rishi Sunak's speech from eat out discount to stamp duty The TelegraphRishi Sunak, the chancellor who can be trusted to do as he is told The GuardianNot everything is as it seems in Rishi Sunak’s mini-budget – beware the small print The IndependentView Full coverage on Google News
- 'A great moment': West Indies and England condemn racism together - The Guardian8 July 2020, 7:42 pm
'A great moment': West Indies and England condemn racism together The GuardianEngland v West Indies: Rain restricts play as cricket returns BBC SportEntering The Players Bubble And Reuniting! | Road To Return Episode 2 | England v West Indies 2020 England & Wales Cricket BoardEngland v West Indies: first Test, day one – as it happened The GuardianCricket resumes as England and West Indies players take a knee in support of Black Lives Matter The TelegraphView Full coverage on Google News
- Sadiq Khan to have TWO offices under plans to move City Hall from Tower Bridge - Express8 July 2020, 7:09 pm
Sadiq Khan to have TWO offices under plans to move City Hall from Tower Bridge ExpressSadiq Khan faces furious backlash over 'outrageous' congestion charge increases Express.co.ukSadiq Khan faces backlash for attacking Sunak's £30bn funding 'He's on another planet' Express.co.ukSadiq Khan set to miss homes target in London with 50,000 properties not even started Express.co.ukView Full coverage on Google News
- Former Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan issues statement after assault sentencing: “I am completely to blame and accept all responsibility” - NME8 July 2020, 6:37 pm
Former Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan issues statement after assault sentencing: “I am completely to blame and accept all responsibility” NMETom Meighan: Former Kasabian frontman issues statement after domestic violence conviction The IndependentKasabian ex frontman Tom Meighan addresses claim he 'misled fans' Leicestershire LiveKasabian's Tom Meighan visited rehab after 'inexcusable' attack on ex The SunKasabian's former star Tom Meighan addresses claim he 'misled fans' in apology Mirror OnlineView Full coverage on Google NewsFOX Sports Content Feed
- Giants return, so do some players, but Padres' INF Mateo out8 July 2020, 9:48 pm
Giants return, so do some players, but Padres' INF Mateo out
- Tigers Summer Camp 7.8.20 (VIDEO)8 July 2020, 9:39 pm
There was finally a game to watch today
- Ivy League suspends fall sports due to coronavirus pandemic8 July 2020, 9:31 pm
The Ivy League says will not play sports this fall because of the coronavirus pandemic
- Salah steps up Golden Boot bid with 2 goals in Liverpool win8 July 2020, 9:30 pm
Salah steps up Golden Boot bid with 2 goals in Liverpool win
- AP Source: Ivy League calls off fall sports, including football, for its eight schools.8 July 2020, 9:20 pm
AP Source: Ivy League calls off fall sports, including football, for its eight schools.
- Vanderbilt cuts at least 8 from athletics communications8 July 2020, 9:20 pm
Vanderbilt cuts at least 8 from athletics communications
- Long season catching up with Wolves as Liverpool, City win8 July 2020, 9:17 pm
A long season might just be catching up with Wolverhampton but newly crowned champion Liverpool looks as fresh as ever
- 'MLS is Back' tournament printable wall chart8 July 2020, 9:15 pm
Follow along with Minnesota United FC when they return to action this summer
- Swiss gymnastics team boss suspended during bullying inquiry8 July 2020, 9:05 pm
Switzerland’s gymnastics federation has suspended its head of elite sport during an external inquiry into claims of a bullying culture in rhythmic gymnastics
- Sonny Gray moves to front of Reds' rotation, starts opener8 July 2020, 8:59 pm
Sonny Gray has been chosen to start the Cincinnati Reds' first game back from Major League Baseball's shutdown due to the pandemicGet the latest Soccer football results, fixtures and exclusive video highlights from Yahoo Sports including live scores, match stats and team news.
- CBS acquires Champions League broadcast rights two years early after Turner Sports bails on UEFA8 July 2020, 10:54 pm
Get ready to need CBS All Access to watch UEFA games, soccer fans.
- Barcelona wins derby against Espanyol, relegates city rival8 July 2020, 10:45 pm
Barcelona kept its title hopes alive with a 1-0 win in the city derby against Espanyol in the Spanish league on Wednesday, sealing the rival's relegation for the first time in nearly three decades. Luis Suarez scored the winning goal early in the second half to move Barcelona within a point of leader Real Madrid and send Espanyol to the second division after 26 straight seasons in the top flight. Real Madrid can reclaim a four-point lead with three rounds left with a home win against relegation-threatened Alaves on Friday.
- Record-signing Lozano starting to fit in at Napoli8 July 2020, 10:30 pm
ROME (AP) -- Small in stature and with the speed to match fellow forwards like Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insigne, Hirving Lozano fits right in at Napoli.
- Barcelona stay in touch with Real Madrid and send down rivals Espanyol8 July 2020, 10:29 pm
Barcelona kept their faint title hopes alive and doomed Espanyol to relegation on Wednesday as Luis Suarez's goal proved the winner in a pivotal Catalan derby at the top and bottom of La Liga. A cagey contest at Camp Nou exploded into life for six frantic minutes at the start of the second half as Ansu Fati and Pol Lozano were sent off, leaving each side with 10 men before Suarez struck. Suarez profitted after another superb contribution from a reinvigorated Antoine Griezmann, his backheel setting up Lionel Messi to shoot, with Suarez turning in the rebound.
- No 'softening' from Liverpool as Salah keeps record chase on track8 July 2020, 10:18 pm
Jurgen Klopp hailed Liverpool's desire not to ease up after clinching the Premier League title as two goals from Mohamed Salah kept the Reds on course for a record points tally with a 3-1 win at Brighton on Wednesday. "We are champions and it could be softening but it is not - the boys go with everything," said Klopp. Klopp's men were quick off the mark with two goals in the first eight minutes to end a run of five games without a goal away from home either side of the coronavirus shutdown.
- Suarez goal gives Barcelona win, relegates neighbors Espanyol8 July 2020, 10:17 pm
Suarez's goal was a nice one after Antoine Griezmann's back heel pass to Lionel Messi saw the Argentine's shot deflect onto the path of the Uruguayan.
- Solskjaer realistic on transfers but keen to keep Pogba8 July 2020, 10:08 pm
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will not seek huge funds for transfers this summer due to the economic realities of the coronavirus crisis, but is keen for the club to tie down Paul Pogba to a long-term contract. United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has warned it will not be "business as usual" in the transfer market and said during football's shutdown from COVID-19 that "speculation around transfers of individual players for hundreds of millions of pounds this summer seems to ignore the realities that face the sport". The form of Solskjaer's men since returning to action last month has also suggested United do not need to spend tens of millions in the upcoming window.
- Liverpool boost record bid, Man City crush Newcastle8 July 2020, 10:08 pm
Mohamed Salah kept Liverpool on track to set a new Premier League points record as the champions won 3-1 at Brighton, while Manchester City bounced back to form with a five-goal rout of Newcastle on Wednesday. Jurgen Klopp's side are hoping to break the 100-point record established by Manchester City in 2018 and they remain on course after securing their first away win since February. Liverpool have 92 points and need nine more from their remaining four games against Burnley, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle to clinch the new record.
- Klopp reacts to Liverpool wins, says Henderson injury ‘not nothing’8 July 2020, 10:04 pm
"I don't know exactly but it was something with the knee I think," Klopp said of his captain. "We know it's not nothing."
- Atalanta see off Sampdoria to go third in Serie A8 July 2020, 10:03 pm
Atalanta beat Sampdoria 2-0 on Wednesday as second-half goals from Rafael Toloi and Luis Muriel secured their ninth straight league victory and moved the Bergamo outfit to within nine points of leaders Juventus. Gian Piero Gasperini's men appeared set to battle it out with Roma for the fourth and final Champions League spot when the division restarted following the coronavirus lockdown, but their excellent form has seen them climb above Inter Milan into third.Read about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- Mo Salah's 'selfish' side praised by Souness in Liverpool's win over Brighton8 July 2020, 10:36 pm
The pair of strikes, which were decisive in a 3-1 win, took Salah's league tally for 2019-20 to 19, placing him third in the scoring chart behind Jamie Vardy (22) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (20).
- Pep Guardiola confirms David Silva will return to Manchester City for a testimonial8 July 2020, 10:25 pm
JACK GAUGHAN: Silva scored a sumptuous free-kick and recorded a 10th Premier League assist of the season, a milestone he has reached in each of his 10 years at the Etihad Stadium.
- RB Leipzig plotting for life without Timo Werner, signing South Korea striker Hwang Hee-chan8 July 2020, 10:24 pm
RB Leipzig's plans to rebuild their attack following Timo Werner's departure are already taking shape, with the Bundesliga side completing the singing of Hwang Hee-chan.
- Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes will share the penalty-taking duties, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer8 July 2020, 10:21 pm
Rashford was handed the responsibility ahead of Fernandes against Bournemouth at the weekend, but Solskjaer has confirmed that both players will continue to take penalties.
- Premier League clubs face showdown over proposal to retain five-substitute rule during 2020-218 July 2020, 10:17 pm
Aston Villa, Sheffield United Bournemouth and West Ham all voted against the temporary change on the grounds that it would give an advantage to bigger clubs with deeper squads.
- Sheffield United 1-0 Wolves: John Egan heads dramatic last-minute winner to boost Europe hopes8 July 2020, 10:05 pm
CRAIG HOPE AT BRAMALL LANE: There were just 23 seconds left of a largely damp and drab affair when John Egan rose to head in from a corner, sending the Blades to within a point of Wolves.
- Paul Pogba willing to make sensational U-turn on signing a new deal at Manchester United8 July 2020, 10:02 pm
EXCLUSIVE BY CHRIS WHEELER AND SAMI MOKBEL: United have yet to approach Pogba over a new contract but are likely to begin discussions with his representatives at the end of the season.
- Barcelona 1-0 Espanyol: Luis Suarez strike relegates local rivals for first time in 27 years8 July 2020, 9:55 pm
PETE JENSON IN SPAIN: Luis Suarez became Barcelona's all-time third top scorer with his 195th goal for the club - it may yet turn out to be one of his most important.
- Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals players' code was key to hitting the ground running8 July 2020, 9:37 pm
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that is testament to the United players' professionalism during the three-month shutdown when they followed individual training programmes at home,
- Moments we cannot wait to watch in Tottenham's Amazon Prime series8 July 2020, 9:35 pm
The series, which is believed to be scheduled for release this summer, has followed everything from Mauricio Pochettino's sacking to Eric Dier leaping into the stands.BBC Sport - Football
- Brighton 1-3 Liverpool: Brighton went toe-to-toe with Liverpool - Potter8 July 2020, 10:46 pm
Brighton boss Graham Potter says he is proud of the way his players "went toe-to-toe" with Liverpool, despite losing 3-1 at home to the Premier League champions.
- Brighton 1-3 Liverpool: Premier League points record not that important to me - Klopp8 July 2020, 10:45 pm
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says the Premier League points record is "not that important" to him personally, but he does want to see his team win football matches "as often as possible" after seeing them beat Brighton 3-1 at the Amex Stadium.
- Jordan Henderson: Liverpool captain to have scan on knee injury8 July 2020, 10:18 pm
Liverpool will assess the extent of captain Jordan Henderson's knee injury after he was forced off during the win over Brighton.
- Brighton 1-3 Liverpool: Premier League champions win again as Mohamed Salah scores two8 July 2020, 10:10 pm
Liverpool continue their relentless pursuit of a Premier League points record with victory over Brighton at The Amex Stadium.
- Transfer rumours: Godfrey, Havertz, De Bruyne, Hojbjerg, Garcia8 July 2020, 10:00 pm
Norwich want £50m for Dortmund target, Havertz tells Chelsea he wants to join, Ajax join the race for Hojbjerg, plus more.
- Barcelona 1-0 Espanyol: Luis Suarez's strike keeps Barcelona in title hunt8 July 2020, 9:56 pm
Barcelona keep alive their hopes of winning La Liga with a victory over Espanyol at Nou Camp that also relegated the visitors.
- David Silva: Should Man City midfielder get a statue at the club?8 July 2020, 9:52 pm
David Silva will leave Manchester City at the end of the season not only as a club legend but a Premier League one too, so how should he be honoured?
- Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to secure Paul Pogba's long-term future at the club8 July 2020, 9:40 pm
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to secure Paul Pogba's long-term future at Old Trafford.
- Tottenham: Fan who abused Dier should return to watch the club, says manager Jose Mourinho8 July 2020, 9:36 pm
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho says he wants the fan who abused Eric Dier to return to watch the club once crowds are permitted at stadiums again.
- West Ham 0-1 Burnley: My team showed an abundance of heart - Sean Dyche8 July 2020, 8:43 pm
Burnley boss Sean Dyche praises the attitude his players showed, despite missing key players, as they won 1-0 at West Ham.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Green flag: Johnson gets OK after negative tests8 July 2020, 11:47 pm
Jimmie Johnson, who missed Sunday's race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway after testing positive for the coronavirus, has had two negative tests and will return to the No. 48 car for Sunday's race at Kentucky Speedway.
- 'Equality' most dominant message for NBA jerseys8 July 2020, 11:47 pm
"Equality" is the most popular social justice message players have chosen to use on the backs of their NBA jerseys so far during the league's upcoming restart, NBPA executive director Michele Roberts told ESPN on Wednesday. "Black Lives Matter" is second.
- Wrigley Field rooftop venue selling seats for 08 July 2020, 11:32 pm
The city of Chicago has approved Wrigley Field rooftop stands for 25% capacity setups, and tickets at one viewing venue have gone on sale for 0.
- Amazon to pull Redskins merchandise from site8 July 2020, 11:32 pm
Amazon will pull Redskins merchandise for sale while the team reviews its nickname, becoming the latest company to make such a move.
- Stanford to eliminate 11 of 36 varsity programs8 July 2020, 11:32 pm
Stanford will eliminate 11 of its varsity athletic programs at the end of this upcoming academic year as it deals with financial ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Agent: RB Mostert requests trade from 49ers8 July 2020, 11:32 pm
Running back Raheem Mostert requested a trade from the 49ers, his agent said Wednesday, citing unproductive contract talks with the team.
- Ivy League rules out playing all sports this fall8 July 2020, 11:32 pm
The Ivy League on Wednesday became the first Division I conference to say it will not hold sports this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Stephen Jackson: DeSean 'speaking the truth'8 July 2020, 11:31 pm
Stephen Jackson came to DeSean Jackson's defense on Tuesday night, saying in an Instagram video that the Eagles wide receiver was "speaking the truth" with his social media posts that included anti-Semitic messages.
- MLS is Back Tournament: The matches, players and stories you won't want to miss8 July 2020, 11:29 pm
Four months after shutting down, MLS is back, and ESPN details the five games you can't afford to miss.
- MLS is Back ready for kickoff despite FC Dallas' exit8 July 2020, 11:29 pm
Tensions ran high given Dallas' withdrawal, but attention is turning to the start of competition.
- News24.com | Liverpool keep record bid alive after beating Brighton8 July 2020, 9:25 pm
Liverpool moved a step closer to setting a new Premier League points record as the champions won at Brighton.
- News24.com | WRAP | English Premiership8 July 2020, 9:12 pm
A comprehensive wrap of all the kick-off times, results and match reports for this week's English Premiership matches.
- News24.com | Man City hit Newcastle for five, Wolves beaten by Sheffield Utd8 July 2020, 7:47 pm
Manchester City moved to the brink of sealing their place in the Premier League top four by bouncing back to form to thrash Newcastle.
- News24.com | SAFA sets the ball rolling on processes on return to training and play protocols8 July 2020, 6:30 pm
SAFA initiated all processes following a letter from the Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture, Nathi Mthethwa explaining all procedures on a return to competitive football.
- News24.com | Lazio's Patric given 4-match ban for biting8 July 2020, 4:41 pm
Lazio defender Patric has been handed a four-match ban for biting Lecce's Giulio Donati in his club's shock 2-1 defeat in Serie A.
- News24.com | RB Leipzig sign South Korea's Hwang to replace Timo Werner8 July 2020, 3:35 pm
RB Leipzig have announced the signing of Hwang Hee-chan from their sister club Red Bull Salzburg to replace Timo Werner.
- News24.com | 'I'm president, coach and player' says Ibrahimovic after inspiring Milan8 July 2020, 3:15 pm
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ignited a late comeback against Serie A leaders Juventus and then declared that if he had been at AC Milan from the start of the season, they would be Italian champions.
- News24.com | Premier League TOP FOUR race | Who will make the cut?8 July 2020, 1:36 pm
With just five matchdays remaining in the 2019/20 season, seven teams are vying for a top four place finish in the Premier League.
- News24.com | Premier League relegation battle | Who will survive the drop?8 July 2020, 1:36 pm
With just five Premier League matchdays remaining in the 2019/20 season, no less than five teams are looking to avoid relegation from English top-flight.
- News24.com | Ex-Liverpool goalkeeper sets his sights on management8 July 2020, 1:33 pm
Former England, Liverpool and Manchester City goalkeeper David James is in the hunt for his first manager's job in English football.