- Scientists slam celebrities for 'fanning the flames' of false theory blaming 5G for coronavirus - Daily Mail4 April 2020, 9:35 pm
Scientists slam celebrities for 'fanning the flames' of false theory blaming 5G for coronavirus Daily MailGovernment condemns 'dangerous nonsense' coronavirus 5G conspiracy theory The TelegraphMast fire probe amid 5G coronavirus claims BBC NewsCoronavirus: 5G conspiracy theory is 'absolute rubbish' Sky NewsCelebrity coronavirus scaremongers Lee Ryan, Calum Best and more spreading wild conspiracy theories to fans The SunView Full coverage on Google News
- Tiger King's Joe Exotic vows to end Carole Baskin feud in last chat before getting coronavirus - Mirror Online4 April 2020, 9:24 pm
Tiger King's Joe Exotic vows to end Carole Baskin feud in last chat before getting coronavirus Mirror OnlineInsane, intoxicating Tiger King is perfect lockdown TV The GuardianEllen DeGeneres compares a mullet throwback with Joe Exotic Daily MailTiger King Joe Exotic regrets keeping wild animals in cages now he's behind bars himself Mirror OnlineTiger King's Joe Exotic on Carole Baskin prison sentence: 'I'm ashamed of myself' ExpressView Full coverage on Google News
- Champions League final is set to be CANCELLED if it cannot be played before August 3 - Daily Mail4 April 2020, 9:13 pm
Champions League final is set to be CANCELLED if it cannot be played before August 3 Daily MailDanny Rose says no problem with Premier League players giving up wages BBC SportBurnley could run out of money by August, warns chairman amid coronavirus crisis The IndependentLiverpool place over half of non-playing staff on furlough - but still guarantee full salaries Daily Star'Plain f*cking wrong!' - Collymore & Carragher slam Liverpool over furlough decision Goal.comView Full coverage on Google News
- Gareth Southgate agrees to take 30 per cent pay cut during coronavirus crisis - Daily Mail4 April 2020, 9:08 pm
Gareth Southgate agrees to take 30 per cent pay cut during coronavirus crisis Daily MailEngland manager Gareth Southgate agrees to 30 per cent pay cut Sky SportsEngland boss Gareth Southgate agrees to take 30 per cent pay cut Mirror OnlineView Full coverage on Google News
- Flight carrying 214 Brits trapped on coronavirus-hit cruise ships in Florida arrive back at Heathrow - Daily Mail4 April 2020, 8:56 pm
Flight carrying 214 Brits trapped on coronavirus-hit cruise ships in Florida arrive back at Heathrow Daily MailCoronavirus: Britons on cruise ships in Florida to fly home ITV NewsPassengers from coronavirus-hit cruise ships allowed to disembark in Florida The GuardianAnother cruise ship with virus victims including two dead and a dozen who fell ill dock in Florida Daily MailBritish holidaymakers stranded at sea due to fatal Covid-19 outbreak on cruise ship return to UK ITV NewsView Full coverage on Google News
- Linda Lusardi, 61, shares first snap after COVID-19 battle - Daily Mail4 April 2020, 8:03 pm
Linda Lusardi, 61, shares first snap after COVID-19 battle Daily MailView Full coverage on Google News
- Viewers distracted by same thing as Ant and Dec present Saturday Night Takeaway from their homes - Manchester Evening News4 April 2020, 7:53 pm
Viewers distracted by same thing as Ant and Dec present Saturday Night Takeaway from their homes Manchester Evening NewsAnt and Dec stunned as Stephen Mulhern interrupts Saturday Night Takeaway final Mirror OnlineAnt McPartlin opens up on biggest Saturday Night Takeaway regret: ‘Why did I do that?’ ExpressAnt and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway fans baffled by James Corden accent blunder Daily StarJames Corden baffles fans with his 'posh' accent as he appears on Saturday Night Takeaway Daily MailView Full coverage on Google News
- 'A smiling hero': tributes pour in for nurse dead at 36 from Covid-19 - The Guardian4 April 2020, 7:52 pm
'A smiling hero': tributes pour in for nurse dead at 36 from Covid-19 The GuardianCoronavirus UK: NHS nurse's husband hugged her as she died Daily MailHusband says nurse wife killed by Covid-19 'sacrificed her life for the job she adored' Mirror OnlineTwo NHS nurses die after contracting COVID-19 Sky NewsWidow of NHS nurse who died fighting coronavirus reveals how mother died doing what 'she adored' Daily MailView Full coverage on Google News
- Vanessa Bryant says husband Kobe's Hall of Fame election is 'incredible' - The Guardian4 April 2020, 7:14 pm
Vanessa Bryant says husband Kobe's Hall of Fame election is 'incredible' The GuardianKobe Bryant: NBA great inducted into Naismith Hall of Fame BBC NewsKobe Bryant is selected for the Basketball Hall of Fame class of 2020 as wife Vanessa hails tragic star’s ‘ The SunKobe Bryant inducted into NBA Hall of Fame Sky SportsBryant posthumously inducted into Hall of Fame Chard & Ilminster NewsView Full coverage on Google News
- Attacker kills two and injures five in south-east France - The Guardian4 April 2020, 7:13 pm
Attacker kills two and injures five in south-east France The GuardianRomans-sur-Isère: Two killed and others wounded in France knife attack BBC NewsTerror suspect shouting 'Alluhu Akbar' stabs two to death in French town Daily MailKnife attack in France kills two and injures five Financial TimesTwo killed in knife attack in French town under coronavirus lockdown Metro.co.ukView Full coverage on Google NewsFOX Sports Content Feed
- McLaughlin wins virtual IndyCar event racing from Australia4 April 2020, 9:06 pm
Scott McLaughlin has won IndyCar’s second virtual race
- Kevin Owens’ thoughts on WrestleMania at the WWE PC: WWE’s The Bump, April 4, 20204 April 2020, 8:06 pm
Kevin Owens’ thoughts on WrestleMania at the WWE PC: WWE’s The Bump, April 4, 2020
- Buccaneers re-sign backup QB Blaine Gabbert to 1-year contract4 April 2020, 7:28 pm
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have re-signed backup veteran quarterback Blaine Gabbert to a one-year contract in NFL free agency.
- Jets' Perriman says late-season breakout was just sneak peek4 April 2020, 7:25 pm
Breshad Perriman insists his late-season breakout last year was only a promising start and a sneak peek of things to come
- Hall of Fame basketball coach Rick Pitino shows support for Otis and Daniel Bryan heading into WrestleMania4 April 2020, 7:18 pm
Tweets from the Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer made clear that he and his family are pulling for Otis and Daniel Bryan on The Grandest Stage of Them All.
- Reaction to the 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame selection4 April 2020, 6:59 pm
Reaction to the 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame selection
- Top 10 Friday Night SmackDown moments: WWE Top 10, April 3, 20204 April 2020, 6:43 pm
Top 10 Friday Night SmackDown moments: WWE Top 10, April 3, 2020
- Vikings all-time tournament: No miracle needed as 2017 tops 20154 April 2020, 6:37 pm
In the opening round of the Vikings all-time tournament, 2017 needed a big stop from its defense to preserve a 21-13 victory.
- How to subscribe to WWE Podcasts4 April 2020, 6:00 pm
How to subscribe to WWE Podcasts
- The Gronk is set to dress for success at WrestleMania: WWE.com Exclusive, April 4, 20204 April 2020, 5:59 pm
The Gronk is set to dress for success at WrestleMania: WWE.com Exclusive, April 4, 2020Get the latest Soccer football results, fixtures and exclusive video highlights from Yahoo Sports including live scores, match stats and team news.
- Liverpool blasted over virus furlough, players in £200m wage cut warning4 April 2020, 9:26 pm
Liverpool were accused of betraying their "morals and values" on Saturday for their move to furlough non-playing staff during the coronavirus pandemic as Premier League stars warned of a £200 million (5 million) shortfall in government coffers if 30 percent wage cuts were introduced. Premier League leaders Liverpool said they would top up the public money made available from the government to ensure staff on temporary leave received their full salaries. It follows similar moves by Newcastle, Tottenham, Bournemouth and Norwich to take advantage of the scheme, under which employers can claim for 80 percent of furloughed employees' wages.
- Liverpool blasted in virus furlough move, players in £200m wage cut warning4 April 2020, 8:05 pm
Ex-players blasted Liverpool for their move to furlough non-playing staff during the coronavirus pandemic on Saturday as Premier League stars warned of a £200 million (5 million) shortfall in government coffers if 30 percent wage cuts were introduced. The Premier League leaders said they would top up the public money made available from the government to ensure staff on furlough received their full salaries. It follows similar moves by Newcastle, Tottenham, Bournemouth and Norwich to take advantage of the scheme, under which employers can claim for 80 percent of furloughed employees' wages.
- Premier League stars warn of £200 million shortfall in virus wage cut row4 April 2020, 7:05 pm
The Professional Footballers' Association warned on Saturday of a £200 million (5 million) shortfall for British government coffers if a sweeping cut in wages was introduced for Premier League players to offset the financial fall-out from the coronavirus. "All Premier League players want to, and will, play their part in making significant financial contributions in these unprecedented times," said a PFA statement. "We welcomed the opportunity to discuss this with the Premier League today and we are happy to continue talks."
- Liverpool under fire over coronavirus furlough move4 April 2020, 6:16 pm
Ex-players blasted Liverpool for their move to furlough non-playing staff on Saturday as Premier League clubs held talks over possible pay cuts for first-team staff due to the coronavirus crisis. It follows similar moves by Newcastle, Tottenham, Bournemouth and Norwich to take advantage of the scheme, under which employers can claim for 80 percent of furloughed employees' wages. "(Manager) Jurgen Klopp showed compassion for all at the start of this pandemic, senior players heavily involved in @premierleague players taking wage cuts.
- Liverpool furlough move draws stinging criticism from ex-players4 April 2020, 5:36 pm
Liverpool on Saturday became the latest Premier League club to put some of their non-playing staff on furlough during the coronavirus shutdown, drawing fierce criticism from former players. The Premier League leaders, who in February announced pre-tax profits of £42 million ( million) for 2018/19, will top up the public money received from the government to ensure the affected staff receive their full salaries. The announcement came as Premier League clubs met with representatives of players and managers to discuss possible wage cuts for first-team staff.
- Tajikistan soccer season opens, Istiklol wins Super Cup4 April 2020, 5:08 pm
Tajikistan started a new soccer season on Saturday, joining a small group of countries around the world where play has continued despite the coronavirus pandemic. Istiklol Dushanbe retained the Central Asian nation’s season-opening Super Cup on Saturday with a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Khujand. Professional soccer is only continuing in a few countries around the world, with Belarus, Nicaragua and Burundi among the holdouts, attracting interest from foreign fans and international gambling markets.
- The Latest: Trump says Little Leaguers will be playing soon4 April 2020, 3:33 pm
President Donald Trump is reassuring Little League baseball players that they should be playing the game again soon. Little League president and CEO Stephen Keener reassured that the players would be back soon. Little League, like the major leagues, has suspended activities until mid-May, when the situation will be assessed, according to the Little League website.
- Fear grips Swedish soccer as virus delays start of season4 April 2020, 3:24 pm
Saturday was supposed to mark the beginning of a new Swedish soccer season, fuelled by the prospect of big broadcasting revenues from a new domestic TV deal and expectations of another tight title race to match last year’s dramatic finale. Then, in two months' time, Sweden's national team was supposed to be playing in the European Championship, with confidence high two years after a run to the World Cup quarterfinals for the first time since 1994. Instead, the rapidly spreading coronavirus has forced a two-month delay to the Allsvenskan campaign - the “early June” start date will now be viewed as optimistic by many - the cancellation of the Euros, and led to some Swedish clubs fearing they might soon go out of business.
- Spanish league and players still far apart on salary cuts4 April 2020, 3:01 pm
The Spanish league and players are still far apart on the size of the salary cuts they need to take to help reduce the financial impact caused by the coronavirus outbreak, with the footballers saying the organization wants them to carry nearly half the total losses. The league and the players' association have been in talks to try to find ways to mitigate losses that could reach nearly 1 billion euros (module.08 billion) if the season cannot be restarted because of the pandemic. The players have said they are willing to reduce their salaries, but not as much as the league or the clubs want.
- Premier League players reject 30% pay cut in standoff4 April 2020, 2:35 pm
English Premier League players rejected a move Saturday by clubs to cut their wages by 30% during the coronavirus pandemic, escalating a bitter public row as their union claimed the government would lose out on more than 200 million pounds (around 5 million) in tax. “This would be detrimental to our NHS (National Health Service) and other government-funded services,” the Professional Footballers’ Association said in a statement. Taking on the Premier League as a whole, the PFA said the 20 million pounds being given to the NHS by the world's richest soccer competition was “welcome, but we believe it could be far bigger.”Read about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- Belarus stars reveal concern with playing on during coronavirus pandemic4 April 2020, 9:32 pm
JAMES SHARPE: And still they play on. Football around the world has long since hung up its dusty boots in its attempts to starve the coronavirus yet one league remains standing.
- Gordon Taylor sees himself as a street fighter but he's finally been outflanked by players4 April 2020, 9:32 pm
IAN HERBERT: Appearances are deceptive where the 75-year-old chief executive of the PFA is concerned. His meandering sentences create a sense of mild eccentricity.
- JONATHAN WALTERS - PLAYER'S VIEW: Why always kick players and not the rest of the mega rich?4 April 2020, 9:31 pm
JONATHAN WALTERS - PLAYER'S VIEW: No one ever seems to mention what football actually contributes to the economy, not only by way of players' taxes but throughout the sport.
- DANNY MURPHY: Hitting winners against Man United, Best v Messi and why I could've been a lawyer4 April 2020, 9:31 pm
DANNY MURPHY: With football postponed for a the foreseeable future I've answered your questions about my career, the modern game and everything else in between.
- Neil Warnock fears for Football League clubs starved of cash and urges Premier League to step in4 April 2020, 9:31 pm
EXCLUSIVE BY OLIVER HOLT: When they go for their daily walk near their house in Cornwall, Neil Warnock and his wife, Sharon, take the same precautions as the rest of us.
- DANNY MURPHY: Clubs using government money is grotesque4 April 2020, 9:31 pm
DANNY MURPHY: Although my priority is the well-being of loved ones, I also find myself thinking how these awful times can change our beautiful game for the better.
- Champions League final is set to be CANCELLED if it cannot be played before August 34 April 2020, 8:25 pm
UEFA has confirmed the Champions League final will be cancelled if the competition can't be concluded by August 3 and says one-legged play-offs are an option being discussed.
- Achraf Hakimi's agent insists his future is yet to be decided after Borussia Dortmund loan4 April 2020, 7:33 pm
Achraf Hakimi has yet to agree a new deal with Real Madrid or seal a permanent switch to Borussia Dortmund, according to his agent.
- Stephen Kenny replaces Mick McCarthy as Republic of Ireland manager4 April 2020, 7:22 pm
Mick McCarthy says he is 'hugely disappointed' after being replaced by Stephen Kenny as Republic of Ireland manager with the delay to Euro 2020 having brought forward the bizarre succession plan.
- Cristiano Ronaldo trusts girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to keep him looking swish4 April 2020, 6:24 pm
The Juventus talisman has recently sported a top-knot this season, but may be about to debut an entirely new look after uploading a video of his model partner stepping up the mark.BBC Sport - Football
- Transfer rumours: Southgate, Coutinho, Slimani, Fraser, Lingard4 April 2020, 8:44 pm
Gareth Southgate agrees pay cut, Arsenal target Bournemouth's Ryan Fraser, Chelsea could sign Philippe Coutinho, Leicester's Islam Slimani could be on the move, and more.
- PFA says Premier League 30% pay cut plans would harm NHS4 April 2020, 7:56 pm
The Professional Footballers' Association warns that proposals for a 30% pay cut in the Premier League would be "detrimental to our NHS".
- Liverpool place some non-playing staff on furlough4 April 2020, 5:38 pm
Liverpool place some of their staff on furlough, in response to the ongoing suspension of the Premier League because of the coronavirus crisis.
- Across the world in 40 hours - Burns' 'grim' trip home from Australia to NI4 April 2020, 4:37 pm
From Australia to Northern Ireland, follow Bobby Burns' journey home after the A-League football season was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Republic of Ireland: Stephen Kenny to replace Mick McCarthy as manager4 April 2020, 3:52 pm
Stephen Kenny replaces Mick McCarthy as Republic of Ireland manager with immediate effect after the Euro play-offs were indefinitely postponed.
- Liverpool Women: Vicky Jepson on recruitment, isolation & Zoom4 April 2020, 3:09 pm
Liverpool Women manager Vicky Jepson has been using time away from football due to the coronavirus to look at recruitment for next season.
- Danny Rose says no problem with Premier League players giving up wages4 April 2020, 1:14 pm
Danny Rose says he feels Premier League players' "backs are against the wall" over discussions about wage cuts.
- Coronavirus: Chris Wilder says football must make collective response to crisis4 April 2020, 11:09 am
Chris Wilder tells Football Focus that football must get its response to the coronavirus crisis right, and act collectively to find a solution that works for the whole sport.
- Tokyo Olympics: Fifa could move age limit for men's football tournament to 244 April 2020, 9:54 am
Fifa could raise the age limit for the men's football tournament at next summer's rearranged Olympics to 24.
- Jill Scott: Euros delay 'a little worrying for older players'4 April 2020, 6:50 am
England international Jill Scott says the potential postponement of the 2021 European Championship is "probably a little bit worrying for the older players".Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- Where Kobe, Duncan and KG rank among the greatest Hall of Fame classes4 April 2020, 8:43 pm
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's Class of 2020 is among the top 10 classes in history.
- Kobe, Duncan, KG lead star-studded HOF class4 April 2020, 8:42 pm
Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Tamika Catchings, Kim Mulkey, Barbara Stevens, Eddie Sutton, Rudy Tomjanovich and Patrick Baumann have been elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Can Tom Flacco be elite, too? He thinks so4 April 2020, 8:06 pm
A decade younger and 5 inches shorter, Tom Flacco isn't getting the NFL draft adulation his Super Bowl MVP brother once received. That hasn't dampened the fiery younger Flacco's confidence.
- Sources: Trump says NFL should start on time4 April 2020, 7:55 pm
President Donald Trump told the commissioners of 12 major sports that he hopes to have fans back in stadiums and arenas by August and September, sources told ESPN.
- Reyes: UFC talked Jones rematch before virus4 April 2020, 6:17 pm
UFC light heavyweight Dominick Reyes says he was in preliminary talks with the promotion about a rematch against Jon Jones before the the impact of the coronavirus pandemic hit the UFC.
- Sources: NFL teams prep to draft from home4 April 2020, 5:56 pm
High-level officials from multiple NFL teams are now preparing to conduct the April 23-25 draft virtually, from home, away from their team facilities, sources told ESPN.
- Baylor coach Kim Mulkey's leap of faith lands her in Naismith Hall of Fame4 April 2020, 5:44 pm
In April 2000, Kim Mulkey walked away from a program she had dedicated her life to. Twenty years later, it remains one of the most significant moves in women's basketball history.
- Vanessa Bryant says HOF 'peak' of Kobe's career4 April 2020, 5:43 pm
Vanessa Bryant said Kobe's election to the Hall of Fame is an "incredible accomplishment and honor."
- Palettes of N95 respirator masks are off-loaded from New England's team plane4 April 2020, 4:43 pm
- Mexico's response to 2009 swine flu pandemic foreshadowed current sports landscape4 April 2020, 4:30 pm
With the coronavirus pandemic gripping the world, it can be easy to forget that Mexico found itself at the center of a global health crisis over a decade ago. Have the lessons learned from H1N1 been ignored?
- Sport24.co.za | Premier League stars warn of £200 million shortfall in virus wage cut row4 April 2020, 7:24 pm
The Professional Footballers' Association warned of a £200 million shortfall for British government coffers if a sweeping cut in wages was introduced.
- Sport24.co.za | Rose 'happy to take wage cut' as Premier League meets players4 April 2020, 7:22 pm
Newcastle's Danny Rose is willing to contribute a portion of his wages to those fighting the coronavirus outbreak, but says players feel their "backs are against the wall".
- Sport24.co.za | Liverpool staff salary cut draws stinging criticism from ex-players4 April 2020, 6:30 pm
Liverpool became the latest club to put some of their non-playing staff on furlough during the coronavirus shutdown, drawing fierce criticism from former players.
- Sport24.co.za | Kenny replaces McCarthy as Ireland coach4 April 2020, 5:13 pm
Stephen Kenny will replace Mick McCarthy as Republic of Ireland manager with immediate effect the Football Association of Ireland has confirmed.
- Sport24.co.za | Xavi makes massive donation to Barcelona hospital to fight coronavirus4 April 2020, 3:20 pm
Former Barcelona and Spain star Xavi Hernandez and his wife have donated €1 million to the city's Hospital Clinic to help the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sport24.co.za | Belgian federation in UEFA talks over end to its season4 April 2020, 3:17 pm
The Belgian Football Association says that it is working with UEFA toward a "constructive" solution regarding the premature end to the Belgian championship.
- Sport24.co.za | Szczesny says Italy suits him just fine4 April 2020, 2:29 pm
Wojciech Szczesny says he 'learned more in four months' in Italy than in 10 years in England'.
- Sport24.co.za | Stellenbosch FC's Barker hails qualities of Moon4 April 2020, 2:28 pm
Stellenbosch FC coach Steve Barker has hailed the qualities of striker Ryan Moon.
- Sport24.co.za | Liverpool put some non-playing staff on furlough4 April 2020, 2:27 pm
Liverpool have ecame the latest Premier League club to put some of their non-playing staff on furlough during the coronavirus shutdown.
- Sport24.co.za | Katsande: It's a matter of maintaining your fitness4 April 2020, 2:03 pm
Willard Katsande says he's hopeful that Kaizer Chiefs will fit in a few friendlies before the PSL resumes, while stressing the need to remain vigilant during difficult times.