- Coronavirus: Growth in infections may be slowing, largest COVID-19 study in England suggests - Sky News1 October 2020, 7:07 am
Coronavirus: Growth in infections may be slowing, largest COVID-19 study in England suggests Sky NewsCoronavirus UK: Study shows R number drops in England Metro.co.ukLargest Covid-19 study shows one in 200 people in England were infected | ITV News ITV NewsOne in 200 people in England were infected with coronavirus, largest study yet finds Evening StandardUK Covid rules may be working, 80,000-person mass survey shows Hindustan TimesView Full coverage on Google News
- New lockdown rules in Liverpool could include pubs only being able to serve alcohol with food - Daily Mail1 October 2020, 7:02 am
New lockdown rules in Liverpool could include pubs only being able to serve alcohol with food Daily MailCovid in Wales: Lockdown tourism businesses fear closure BBC NewsParts of Snowdonia to be subject to travel ban as government lockdown extended grough'The crazy Covid anomaly that means Manchester walker can hike up Snowdon - but I can't' North Wales LiveWales Covid lockdowns: 'Grave concern' over socialising in houses BBC NewsView Full coverage on Google News
- Chrissy Teigen reveals 'deep pain' of miscarriage - BBC News1 October 2020, 7:01 am
Chrissy Teigen reveals 'deep pain' of miscarriage BBC NewsChrissy Teigen and John Legend reveal heartbreaking news that they have lost their baby Daily MailChrissy Teigen and John Legend speak of 'deep pain' after miscarriage The GuardianJohn Legend and wife Chrissy Teigen share utter heartbreak as newborn son Jack dies ExpressView Full coverage on Google News
- How Carlo Ancelotti masterminded an Everton revolution - Daily Mail1 October 2020, 6:43 am
How Carlo Ancelotti masterminded an Everton revolution Daily MailCALVERT-LEWIN HITS ANOTHER HAT-TRICK! | EVERTON 4-1 WEST HAM: EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS Everton Football ClubA second Calvert-Lewin hat-trick seals Blues win ToffeewebEverton vs West Ham: Live | Richarlison! Blues up 2-1 Royal Blue MerseyEVERTON 4-1 WEST HAM | CARABAO CUP HIGHLIGHTS Everton Football ClubView Full coverage on Google News
- Champions League: Which clubs have made the group stages at least twice? - BBC Sport1 October 2020, 6:39 am
Champions League: Which clubs have made the group stages at least twice? BBC SportLiverpool's potential Champions League opponents confirmed as all pots complete Liverpool EchoOpinion: The best and worst case scenario for Man United, Man City and Chelsea as the Champions League draw looms CaughtOffsideChampions League group stage draw details Liverpool FCChampions League draw explained: the clubs, pots, format and more The GuardianView Full coverage on Google News
- UK offshore detention proposal could create 'human rights disaster', Australian experts warn - The Guardian1 October 2020, 6:06 am
UK offshore detention proposal could create 'human rights disaster', Australian experts warn The GuardianAustralian-style offshore asylum plan driven by No 10 The GuardianView Full coverage on Google News
- Brexit fishing war: UK warned it 'can't control its fish' as bitter EU row deepens - Express1 October 2020, 6:00 am
Brexit fishing war: UK warned it 'can't control its fish' as bitter EU row deepens ExpressBrexit: Blow to UK car industry in search for EU deal BBC NewsBrexit LIVE: Ireland panics and performs no deal U-turn – obstacles suddenly 'very doable' Daily ExpressBrexit talks: what are the main obstacles to a deal? Financial TimesWhat would victory for Joe Biden in the US presidential election mean for Brexit? New StatesmanView Full coverage on Google News
- Manchester United transfer plans are clearer after Brighton win - Manchester Evening News1 October 2020, 6:00 am
Manchester United transfer plans are clearer after Brighton win Manchester Evening NewsHighlights | Brighton 0-3 Manchester United | McTominay Mata & Pogba fire Reds through | Carabao Cup Manchester UnitedManchester United Player Ratings vs Brighton & Hove Albion: Mata's 8.5/10 masterclass seals comfortable victory The Hard TackleManchester United news and transfers LIVE Ousmane Dembele and Alex Telles to Man Utd latest news Manchester Evening NewsVan de Beek, Mata & Solskjaer pleased to progress in Carabao Cup | Brighton 0-3 United | Reaction Manchester UnitedView Full coverage on Google News
- Global coronavirus report: row as Spain announces Madrid lockdown measures - The Guardian1 October 2020, 5:53 am
Global coronavirus report: row as Spain announces Madrid lockdown measures The GuardianView Full coverage on Google News
- Plastic straw ban comes into force in England - The Independent1 October 2020, 5:49 am
Plastic straw ban comes into force in England The IndependentPlastic straw ban in England comes into force BBC NewsPlastic straws, cotton buds and stirrers banned in England from today Sky NewsStart of ban on plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds GOV.UKOct 1 round-up: No hesitation on restrictions; Plastic straw ban; BMW Mesh model; Shell cuts 9,000 Car Dealer MagazineView Full coverage on Google NewsFOX Sports Content Feed
- Brewers Final Pitch: Milwaukee loses Game 1 to the Dodgers1 October 2020, 6:53 am
The Milwaukee Brewers lose Game 1 to the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-2.
- Sandy Alomar Jr. reflects on heartbreaking end to Indians’ challenging 2020 season.1 October 2020, 6:42 am
Alomar breaks down the Indians' season-ending loss to the Yankees in Game 2.
- Indians' season ends as Yankees complete two-game sweep1 October 2020, 6:30 am
DJ LeMahieu's tiebreaking single in the ninth inning off closer Brad Hand lifted the Yankees to a wild, exhausting 10-9 win.
- Nick Swisher recaps a wild Day 2 of MLB’s Wild Card round in 60 seconds1 October 2020, 6:12 am
Watch Nick Swisher break down all of Wednesday's action in which three AL teams punched their ticket to the ALDS.
- Suter allows three early runs in Brewers' 4-2 loss to Dodgers1 October 2020, 5:50 am
Milwaukee Brewers' starting pitcher Brent Suter gave up three earned runs in the first two innings to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Kenley Jansen strikes out Christian Yelich to close out Dodgers Game 1 win1 October 2020, 5:33 am
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich came up as the tying run in a 4-2 game in the top of the ninth inning of Game 1 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers, but was unable to extend the game. Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen struck him out to give L.A. the 4-2 win and 1-0 series lead.
- Corey Seager solo blast gives Dodgers much-needed insurance run, 4-2 lead over Brewers1 October 2020, 5:33 am
With his team clinging to a late 3-2 lead, Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager blasted a solo home run in the bottom of the seventh inning to give his team some breathing room over the Milwaukee Brewers. L.A. won the game, 4-2, and took a 1-0 lead in the NL Wild Card round series.
- Mookie Betts RBI double spots Dodgers early 3-0 lead over Brewers in Game 11 October 2020, 5:31 am
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Mookie Betts clubbed his second double in as many at bats in the bottom of the second. It drove in a run and gave L.A. a 3-0 lead over the Milwaukee Brewers. They went on to win Game 1 of the series, 4-2.
- Orlando Arcia two-run homer draws Brewers within one of Dodgers in Game 11 October 2020, 5:31 am
With his Milwaukee Brewers trailing 3-0 in the fourth inning, shortstop Orlando Arcia blasted a two-run homer to draw his team within one run. However, the Los Angeles Dodgers still held on to win, 4-2.
- DJ LeMahieu knocks in go-ahead run to give Yankees 10-9 ninth-inning Game 2 lead1 October 2020, 5:22 am
In a wild Game 2 of the AL Wild Card round series, DJ LeMahieu gave the New York Yankees a 10-9 lead in the ninth inning with his RBI base hit. The Yankees won the game, 10-9 and advanced to the American League Divisional Series.Get the latest Soccer football results, fixtures and exclusive video highlights from Yahoo Sports including live scores, match stats and team news.
- Christine Sinclair has hat trick, Thorns down Reign 4-11 October 2020, 4:12 am
Christine Sinclair had three goals and the Portland Thorns beat OL Reign 4-1 on Wednesday night in a National Women's Soccer League fall series match. Sinclair scored her first in the 40th minute off a pass from Lindsey Horan, then added a penalty kick in stoppage time before the half. Sinclair hadn't scored against he Reign since 2013, a string of 18 matches.
- WATCH: Hartford Athletic scores wild 90th-minute winner1 October 2020, 2:28 am
It's rare in this age full of soccer on our screens that we catch a goal of unique ingenuity. The USL Championship delivered the goods on Wednesday.
- Leeds – Manchester City: How to watch, start time, prediction, odds1 October 2020, 2:10 am
It's been so far, so good for Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds in their return to the Premier League, but a visit from Man City to Elland Road is a stiff test.
- WSL follows Premier League as magnet for global stars1 October 2020, 1:30 am
Just months after the coronavirus threatened to wipe out the huge gains made in English women's football, the Women's Super League is bouncing back as a major drawcard for many of the world's top players.
- Neymar has 34 million euro Spanish tax debt1 October 2020, 12:56 am
Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar owes more unpaid tax than any other individual on a Spanish authorities' blacklist with debts of 34.6 million euros (.5 million), according to an official document published Wednesday.
- Manchester United – Tottenham: How to watch, start time, prediction, odds1 October 2020, 12:23 am
Jose Mourinho's latest Premier League project waltzes into his previous stop when Tottenham Hotspur visits Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.
- Liverpool stars back Williams after social media abuse1 October 2020, 12:07 am
Liverpool stars including Virgil van Dijk have backed Neco Williams after the young defender received social media abuse.
- Report: Tottenham lands Mourinho’s No. 1 striker target from Benfica1 October 2020, 12:04 am
Not to be confused with Real Madrid star Vinicius Junior, Carlos Vinicius is a 25-year-old Brazilian striker coming off a career-year in Portugal.
- Gomez double punishes Lazio, five-goal Inter beat Benevento30 September 2020, 11:38 pm
Papu Gomez scored twice as Atalanta overpowered Lazio 4-1 in Rome while Serie A title rivals Inter Milan crushed promoted Benevento 5-2 on Wednesday.
- NBC Sports Premier League schedule, Week 430 September 2020, 11:20 pm
The new schedule for the 2020-21 Premier League season has been released, with times and dates for matchweeks confirmed.Read about football news including transfers, results and headlines. Sign up for MailOnline newsletters to get breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- Transfer News LIVE: Latest Premier League and European signings, deals and rumours1 October 2020, 7:46 am
There's less than a week until the transfer window slams shut and there isn't long left for clubs to bolster their squads as we edge closer to deadline day.
- How Carlo Ancelotti masterminded an Everton revolution1 October 2020, 7:39 am
After a miserable finish to last season, Everton have won their first five games of the new campaign and sit third in the table. Sportsmail examines how Carlo Ancelotti has turned things around.
- West Ham set to seal deal for Slavia Prague's Vladimir Coufal as he arrives in London for medical1 October 2020, 7:39 am
Manager David Moyes is keen to strengthen his squad but with a limited budget is mindful of wasting money afforded to him. He is prepared to hold fire on major signings until January if needed.
- Where each Premier League club wants to strengthen in the final days of the transfer window1 October 2020, 7:23 am
Sportsmail takes a look at each of the 20 top-flight teams, which positions they need to strengthen to achieve their aims this season and which players they're likely to get in before Monday's deadline.
- Donny van de Beek WILL get more chances at Manchester United, insists Ole Gunnar Solskjaer1 October 2020, 7:17 am
The Dutchman started just his second game in all competitions against the Seagulls but he has struggled to find his way into the line-up in the Premier League since joining from Ajax for £40m.
- Champions League draw: Date, time, group stage teams, pots, channel and latest odds1 October 2020, 7:03 am
We're just three weeks away from the return of the Champions League and fans are about to find out which teams they will be facing when football's elite club competition kicks off across the continent.
- Conor Coady signs new five-year deal with Wolves and says the club 'feels like home'1 October 2020, 6:36 am
Coady has become a mainstay at the back under manager Nuno Espirito Santo, impressing in defence last season as the team finished seventh, narrowly missing out on a place in Europe.
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says Eden Hazard is 'upset' by latest injury set-back1 October 2020, 6:18 am
Hazard came under fire for reportedly arriving back at pre-season out of shape, but was making progress and was tipped to feature against Real Valladolid before picking up a leg muscle injury in training.
- Burnley 0-3 Manchester City: Raheem Sterling scores two and registers an assist for Guardiola's men1 October 2020, 1:11 am
.JACK GAUGHAN AT TURF MOOR: There was definitely more zip to City, a product of a rocket delivered by their manager after the timid surrender against Leicester City on Sunday.
- Real Madrid 1-0 Real Valladolid: Vinicius Junior's second-half strike seals win1 October 2020, 1:01 am
PETE JENSON IN SPAIN: The winger has struggled for goals over his last two seasons and so for all his youthful brilliance Zidane has overlooked him for big games including last season's Man City defeat.BBC Sport - Football
- Champions League: Which clubs have made the group stages at least twice?1 October 2020, 6:39 am
Can you name every side since the Champions League began to have appeared in the group stages on at least two occasions?
- Transfer rumours: Dembele, Jovic, Brewster, Maitland-Niles1 October 2020, 6:22 am
Manchester United open talks with Barcelona about a loan move for Dembele, Liverpool accept Sheffield United bid for Brewster, plus more.
- Tottenham close to loan deal for Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius30 September 2020, 10:10 pm
Tottenham are closing in on a season-long loan deal for Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius.
- When are Champions League and Europa League draws?30 September 2020, 9:58 pm
Teams will discover their European fate when the Champions League draw takes place on Thursday and the Europa League draw a day later.
- Everton 4-1 West Ham United: Dominic Calvert-Lewin's hat-trick sees the hosts advance into the last eight30 September 2020, 9:47 pm
Dominic Calvert-Lewin scores his second hat-trick of the season as Everton book their place in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.
- Premier League set to formally lobby football's rule makers Ifab over handball rule30 September 2020, 9:32 pm
The Premier League is prepared to formally lobby football's rule-makers for a change in the handball law.
- Brighton 0-3 Man Utd: Paul Pogba strikes as United reach Carabao Cup quarters30 September 2020, 9:29 pm
Manchester United beat Brighton for the second time in four days, with Paul Pogba scoring a free-kick to help seal their progress to the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.
- Real Madrid 1-0 Real Valladolid: Vinicius Junior scores winner for champions30 September 2020, 9:27 pm
Substitute Vinicius Junior scores as defending champions Real Madrid beat Real Valladolid to continue their unbeaten start to the season.
- Burnley 0-3 Manchester City: Raheem Sterling scores twice in Carabao Cup30 September 2020, 9:16 pm
Raheem Sterling's first Manchester City goals of the season help the holders reach the Carabao Cup quarter-finals with a 3-0 win over Burnley.
- Bibiana Steinhaus: Referee retires after Super Cup win for Bayern30 September 2020, 8:57 pm
Referee Bibiana Steinhaus oversees her final match - Bayern Munich's win over Borussia Dortmund in the Super Cup.Latest TOP news from www.espn.com
- NFLPA prez Tretter calls for switch to grass fields1 October 2020, 7:58 am
JC Tretter notes the higher rate of noncontact lower extremity injuries when playing on artificial turf.
- NFL threatens bans, lost draft picks for no masks1 October 2020, 7:58 am
The NFL issued a strongly worded memo to NFL coaches, general managers and team executives that said "accountability measures" for coaches who don't wear masks on the sideline "may include ... suspensions and/or forfeiture of draft picks."
- Sources: Bucs WR Godwin likely out vs. Chargers1 October 2020, 7:58 am
Chris Godwin is expected to miss Sunday's game due to a hamstring injury and could miss Week 5 vs. the Bears.
- AD's dominant Finals debut, Heat injuries and big takeaways from Game 11 October 2020, 7:47 am
The Lakers blew out the injury-riddled Heat in Game 1. Here's what it means for the rest of the series.
- How an Australian girl with autism forged a bond with the Philadelphia Eagles1 October 2020, 7:47 am
The famous "Rocky" statue and museum steps is where an 8-year-old girl and her father began their relationship with each other and the city's NFL team.
- What was Barack Obama saying to the virtual fans during Game 1?1 October 2020, 7:45 am
The 44th president of the United States was in "attendance" for the NBA Finals.
- QB Carr: Maskless Raiders 'slipped up' at event1 October 2020, 7:43 am
Quarterback Derek Carr said Raiders players "weren't trying to be careless or reckless" when they removed their masks at a charity event Monday night.
- AD shines in Finals debut but 'job is not done'1 October 2020, 7:43 am
In his NBA Finals debut, the Lakers' Anthony Davis scored 34 points and added 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in a 116-98 win against the Heat.
- UFC formally offers McGregor bout vs. Poirier1 October 2020, 7:43 am
The UFC has formally offered Conor McGregor a non-title lightweight bout against Dustin Poirier, UFC president Dana White told Barstool Sports. Additional sources confirmed to ESPN that McGregor has been sent a physical contract.
- Sources: Rivers, 76ers to discuss coaching job1 October 2020, 7:43 am
The Sixers will meet with former Clippers coach Doc Rivers in Philadelphia about the franchise's head-coaching job, sources said.
- News24.com | Pitso Mosimane joins short list of SA coaches working abroad1 October 2020, 8:05 am
Outgoing Mamelodi Sundowns head coach Pitso Mosimane is set to join a short list of coaches who are working abroad.
- News24.com | Cape Town City's Ebrahim Seedat set for TS Galaxy move1 October 2020, 7:56 am
Cape Town City defender Ebrahim Seedat is set to sign for newly joined Premiership side TS Galaxy FC.
- News24.com | Genoa demand Torino match be postponed after virus sweeps squad1 October 2020, 6:43 am
Serie A club Genoa demanded their match against Torino this weekend be postponed after 15 team and staff members tested positive for coronavirus.
- News24.com | Papu Gomez double punishes Lazio, five-goal Inter Milan beat Benevento1 October 2020, 6:20 am
Papu Gomez scored twice as Atalanta overpowered Lazio 4-1 in Rome while Serie A title rivals Inter Milan crushed promoted Benevento 5-2.
- News24.com | Real Madrid miss Eden Hazard as Vinicius sneaks win over Valladolid1 October 2020, 6:05 am
Real Madrid missed the creativity of the injured Eden Hazard as only a fortuitous goal from substitute Vinicius Junior earned them a victory over Real Valladolid in La Liga.
- News24.com | Bayern Munich win German Super Cup to lift 5th title in 20201 October 2020, 5:33 am
Bayern Munich claimed their fifth title of the yea as a late Joshua Kimmich goal sealed their win over Borussia Dortmund to land the German Super Cup.
- News24.com | Man City, Man Utd ease into League Cup quarter-finals1 October 2020, 4:55 am
Ferran Torres scored his first Manchester City goal as the League Cup holders got back on track with a win against Burnley.
- News24.com | Maccabi Haifa apologise over offensive Kane video30 September 2020, 8:23 pm
Maccabi Haifa were forced to apologise to Tottenham after one of their players made an offensive comment about England captain Harry Kane in a social media video.
- News24.com | Neymar avoids sanction after alleged racism, homophobia30 September 2020, 8:19 pm
Paris Saint-German's Neymar and Marseille's Alvaro Gonzalez have avoided punishment after allegedly making racist and homophobic remarks in the meeting between the sides earlier this month.
- News24.com | Newcastle survive Newport scare to reach League Cup last eight30 September 2020, 7:44 pm
Newcastle survived a scare from fourth tier Newport before reaching the League Cup quarter-finals with a 5-4 penalty shoot-out win after their 1-1 draw.